Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Scam Phone calls from RE: Telstra nbn

Hi All,

I received a call from a mobile number from a person identifying themselves from nbn security.  He told me there are currently 18 people logged into my internet at home.  I was taken aback and asked him to identify himself and he became frustrated.  He persistently requested I give my telstra ID and that he has placed 3D security on my internet to block the people accessing my internet service.  He became frustrated with me because I played dumb and asked him what that was.  He gave me a big long spiel about how urgently I need to act to stop access to my internet.  He did finally say he was from Telstra nbn security.  When I said I wasn't home he got very frustrated and said he will call back after 5.30pm.  I said sure thing.  In the meantime I will call Telstra to make sure he was calling from them and he hung up.  At no point did he did an identity check but he had my name and mobile number.  I have checked with Telstra and no one has accessed my internet except me and the other in my house.  I was reassured my internet is secure.  Has anyone had this happen?  Marita 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit