wigan
Level 4: Private Eye

Service is disgusting

I wont go into my original problem but on many many phonecalls to tech support they have agreed to replace my modem which is beleived to be faulty.

It was ordered on a Friday by telstra and i was given a ref code etc, they also at this stage gave me a case manager we will call her Beep. The following wednesday Beep rang asked if the new modem had fixed the concern, i stated i hadnt received the modem yet. We agreed that she would ring back on Friday and hopefully the modem should arrive by then.

Friday came and went no modem and no phonecall. Tuesday i rang and asked to speak to Beep, she wasnt working but a note was left for her to ring me Wednesday. Wednesday 3 p.m. no phonecall so i rang and asked if Beep was working, yes she is and she has on her list to ring you and i will send her an email to say you have rang and i will CC her team leader to the email. Still no phonecall Wednesday. Thursday i rang 9 a.m. i explained that i wasnt getting return calls, sorry about that sir you have my word you will be contacted today, guess what ?no phonecall. So i rang Friday ok sir i will see if Beep's available, i interupted "no sorry this has gone too far please get someone else to ring me today" again sorry sir i promise that somebody will ring you today......

Guess what, yes you guessed it no phonecall, no modem. This is an absolute disgrace Telstra do i have to go to the ombudsman to get a phonecall back? Does a modem coming from Victoria to SA really take over 14 days ????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Service is disgusting

Postage of a Modem may not take 14 days, however the delivery process (From Telstra, to the Hardware Warehouse, to AusPost, to you) may take that long. It also depends on stock levels and other factors.

If you have genuinley tried to resolve the issue with your Case Manager, then your next option may be the TIO. Before contacting the TIO, I personally recommend that customers still down and write (or type) exactly what their issue is, What Telstra has done (or not done) to fix the issue, and what you want to see as a resolution (The TIO will ask for this information anyway, so its good to be prepared).

Leave it for a few hours, and then re-read your proposed resolution and see if its something thats reasonably fair. If Telstra doesn't want to follow your resolution they can issue you with a 30 day notice and waive your Cancellation charges.

Great example of resolutions that are unreasonable include requests to upgrade the copper lines to supply a faster broadband plan, or upgrading a tower to 4G because they want faster speeds, or providing free calls because Competitor X does it cheaper.

And I know its hard, but don't lose your cool. The person on the other end is paid to help you, and abusing them doesn't do you any favours.

B.

PS: I'm not saying you are asking for anything unreasonable, as I'm not sure what your issue is.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

wigan

Just to confirm an no time i have i been rude or abusive, and for the record i sent a complaint letter a month ago and haven't been called about it yet
wigan

also me changing the name to Beep is just not to put the real name in, it is not supposed to substitute a swear word
Poida1979
Level 2: Rookie

Don't even get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I signed up for a bundle 19/3 for cable - 21/3 got cancelled as they omitted cable and changed my data on adsl - got to shop they signed up again got my tbox and thub but have get modem sent out - i call on fri 23/3 to see if sent to be told that order pending as they can't upgrade adsl (not part of the order - order was for new cable service) - 5 hours spent on phone to resolve with outcome assuring that I can pick one up in the morning and will ring at 8.30 - surprise surprise no call but after being on the phone 8.50 - 1.17 the out come new order (AGAIN) and will be sent - Ombudsman here i come!!!

TheL
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@wigan wrote:

I wont go into my original problem but on many many phonecalls to tech support they have agreed to replace my modem which is beleived to be faulty.

It was ordered on a Friday by telstra and i was given a ref code etc, they also at this stage gave me a case manager we will call her Beep. The following wednesday Beep rang asked if the new modem had fixed the concern, i stated i hadnt received the modem yet. We agreed that she would ring back on Friday and hopefully the modem should arrive by then.

Friday came and went no modem and no phonecall. Tuesday i rang and asked to speak to Beep, she wasnt working but a note was left for her to ring me Wednesday. Wednesday 3 p.m. no phonecall so i rang and asked if Beep was working, yes she is and she has on her list to ring you and i will send her an email to say you have rang and i will CC her team leader to the email. Still no phonecall Wednesday. Thursday i rang 9 a.m. i explained that i wasnt getting return calls, sorry about that sir you have my word you will be contacted today, guess what ?no phonecall. So i rang Friday ok sir i will see if Beep's available, i interupted "no sorry this has gone too far please get someone else to ring me today" again sorry sir i promise that somebody will ring you today......

Guess what, yes you guessed it no phonecall, no modem. This is an absolute disgrace Telstra do i have to go to the ombudsman to get a phonecall back? Does a modem coming from Victoria to SA really take over 14 days ????

Hi wigan

This certainly doesn't sound like the best of experiences. 

Are you happy to give me the opportunity to look into this for you and work to get it sorted out? 

Please send through your details via: http://telstra.com/24x7help

If you do have a case manager taking care of this for you, I'll do a follow up to determine why they have not continued further correspondence with you. 

Regards, 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TheL
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Poida1979 wrote:

Don't even get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I signed up for a bundle 19/3 for cable - 21/3 got cancelled as they omitted cable and changed my data on adsl - got to shop they signed up again got my tbox and thub but have get modem sent out - i call on fri 23/3 to see if sent to be told that order pending as they can't upgrade adsl (not part of the order - order was for new cable service) - 5 hours spent on phone to resolve with outcome assuring that I can pick one up in the morning and will ring at 8.30 - surprise surprise no call but after being on the phone 8.50 - 1.17 the out come new order (AGAIN) and will be sent - Ombudsman here i come!!!

Hi Poida1979,

It certainly is a shame to see that what you requested was not processed correctly the first time and commitments to call you back were not kept. 

Are you happy to provide me with your details so that I can work to get this sorted out for you?

Please provide me with your details via: http://telstra.com/24x7help

Please be sure to include a contact number, should we need to get in touch.

Regards, 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Poida1979
Level 2: Rookie

I would LOVE TO!!!! However I have tried twice now and the form keeps resetting itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another fine example of telstra!!!

Is there another way?!?!?!?!
TheL
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Poida1979 wrote:
I would LOVE TO!!!! However I have tried twice now and the form keeps resetting itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another fine example of telstra!!!

Is there another way?!?!?!?!

Hi, 

That is strange :/

Are you completing the form on a SmartPhone or on a desktop PC? If on a SmartPhone the page sometimes will not render properly. 

Also which browser are you using to access the form, because I tested the form on Google Chrome, FireFox, and Safari and it is working fine. 

If you are not able to submit the form, are you able to send me a private message instead via:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/900

If you are happy for me to work with you today to get it sorted, can you please only provide me with your contact number, best time to call and any order reference numbers that you were given. 

Regards,

wigan

Luis form sent thanks Mark
MMR
Level 3: Gumshoe

hi Wigan

I have had similar difficulties with Telstra service. 

My problems with cable broadband speed and reliability have gone on for ever (ie its dog slow and cuts out continually).

WHile I understand there may be occasional problems with this type of service, I am really surprised and saddened that Telstra dont have the resources or the management structures to manage these types of service issues. 

Does anyone have any ideas apart from sending another follow up email or another follow up call to 13 2200??

I just want an internet service which does not  cut out or time out continually?

Cheers

wigan

well mine is the same mate, there are some people in Telstra who really do want to help but they are a rare breed. I was told yesterday, that my order for a replacement modem had been misplaced and only ordered two weeks after i was actually told it was ordered. SO hopefully this may rectify my slow speed and dropouts with wifi
wigan

this might help you i dont know, my ultimate cable was supposed to be fitted on Feb 16th, on the day no-one turned up. I rang and complained and they got someone next day to fit it. When fitted it speedtested at 37mbps down and 1.5 upload . I complained this was slow, i was told because they had forgot about my fitting i had been put on the slower cable speed.

i was further told it would churn over a couple of days later, when retested i got 43mbps and 1.5 upload. I complained again and a tech came round ? this guy was not a tech i can assure you, he agreed via his computer that pre modem i was getting 120 mbps and 2.5 upload, but out of the modem it was the same as i was getting. Could it be the modem i asked ? " no " he said "its not the modem" he then got up and walked out of my house, on the way out he said qoute " you have my number if it gets really annoying ring me and we will see if we can coome back ".

complain again "we will have to send another tech out" then eventually after me saying no they agreed to send out a new modem and back to my first reply i am still waiting.

I used to use a billion 7800n modem/router with no problems, i have a xbox 360 in my loungeroom that i cant use now because the wifi signal is so weak and when playing games it drops out continuasly.

my whole idea of getting the cable was to increase bandwith as a whole in the house, my wife who is not computer savvy at all should not be saying "ever since we got this new internet some pages dont load" she shouldnt notice any difference whatsoever.

overall like i said its just poor service i get a case manager, who then refuses to ring me ? ( i have never been abusive to her) well i have only spoke with her once and that was over two weeks ago. Even the girl i spoke with yesterday said to me that she was disgusted that all my calls were on her sheet to ring me back and she wasnt doing them.

I have worked in service before and no the customer is NOT always right but at least work with them to find a solution to their problems and we would all be in a happier place.

MMR
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Service is disgusting - ombudsman is the only recourse

Hey Wigan

I only have intermittent and slow connection to the web from my Telstra high speed cable.

My most recent complaint has gone unanswered apart from an automatic message which promised  "One of our consultants will contact you within two business days ......".

No contact in 3 clear business days....

I think my only recourse is to go to the obmudsman

Best of luck

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit