Audrey687
Level 1: Cadet

Service suspended

I find it extremely unsatisfactory that the only options I seem to have to resolve this issue is via an automated chat or a forum. 

I just received a bill stating that my internet service has been suspended without any warning. I have never missed a bill payment and the mobile phone account seems to be unaffected. 

I recently used the chat function to request that my service be changed from

ADSL to NBN as that is now available in my area. They said that this would occur without me having to do anything. But clearly this is not the case and now I am left without any internet access. 

How am I supposed to resolve this issue when there are literally NO representatives available to deal with customer issues. Please let me know if there’s a way to chat with an actual human who can resolve this. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Service suspended

First thing to try (assuming that you have gone from ADSL to FTTN) is to factory reset your modem. This will clear the ADSL username and password from the modem (which is not required for the NBN connection). Given that you received a message saying that your service has been suspended, I doubt that it will work, but it's worth trying.

If that doesn't get you back up and running, you will need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. You can mark the message as urgent by tapping on the 3 dots in the top right of the message screen.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit