Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Should we just wait?

Have heard and read nothing but bad things should we wait until we have no choice to connect the NBN network

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Should we just wait?

It really depends. 

There is no guarantee with NBN, if you have a solid connection now that you are happy with then you can ride it out for the first 12 months then start the migration if you wanted but if you have a bad connection now then it might be one of those situations where you have little to lose and much possibility to gain.

Typically for most speed issues they balance themselves out but during the starting points where everyone is connecting en masse because it takes a bit of time for more capacity to be added but for other issues, well depending on the issue waiting may just be leaving it to deal with later.

Also, not everyone has issues, a LOT of people have been migrated over without any major issues and with improvements to their base speeds but people with issues do tend to be more vocal than people without them.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

We have a good connection at the moment without issues, so I guess that is why I thought maybe we should put it off for as lond as possible. We do not watch much TV and being online is our nightly thing. Would hate to do weeks with no internet with the chnageover.

Highlighted

Most people do get migrated over without major hassles, nationally they are averaging about 25,000-30,000 households being successfully connected to the NBN network each week... One stat I did read that 1/100 conversions were outside the 'standard conversion period' but I haven't seen any confirmed official conversion success rates from NBN Co, but 30,000 successful conversions per week is a pretty solid number - as long as the failures aren't in the thousands or 10s of thousands.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit