SteveMarks
Level 2: Rookie

Skype 4 Business and VoIP calling on Telstra Cable CG3100D

Hi everyone, I have been experiencing issues where devices on my Telstra Cable (using factory settings on the supplied CG3100D router) always fail to connect. I have tried a Mac, a PC and an iPhone with no success.

If I use my mobile internet instead it works fine. 

The issue happens when I am initiated the call from my Wifi connection OR if I initiate a call from my mobile internet to a device on WiFi.

The problem is definitely my Telstra Cable Service and I have reset the router to factory settings  also.

Applications I have noticed the issue with so far include

Microsoft Teams

Skype 4 Business

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I found a similar thread related to call issues using Skype but that has since been archived and the solution was "use a different router instead of the Telstra recommended router"

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Skype 4 Business and VoIP calling on Telstra Cable CG3100D

You may need to configure some port forwarding to allow these products and our Telstra Platinum team on 137 587 would be able to assist you with this. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SteveMarks

Thanks for the reply however it hasn’t always not worked. Use to work fine with no port forwarding. also FaceTime is having issues and won’t connect either.
SteveMarks

I posted another thread and it helpded me find a resolution, hopefully it is long term.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/FaceTime-fails-to-connect-on-Telstra-Cable/m-p...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit