kosiwosi
Level 1: Cadet

Slow Download and Upload speeds

I Have slow internet would a new router help?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Darren_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Slow Download and Upload speeds

Hi kosiwosi,

I think it would be dependent first on what kind of speed issue you are experiencing. If you are already getting good speeds and wanting to squeeze out a bit more if possible, maybe trying a different modem might accomplish it. But if you were getting good speeds before and suddenly it has dropped, it may be something different all together causing the problem.

Are you able to describe in more detail the issue you are having?

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

vinpor
Level 2: Rookie

I too have been experienceing slow internet speeds recently. My 20mbps ADSL2+ connection slows to a crawl of around 1-3mbps during peak times. I've never had this problem before until recent.

I have only been experiencing this over the last few months. Telstra Level 2 support has told me it is a congestion issue but would not specify if and when they plan to update the infrastructure out our exchange (CRBN) to cope with the recent congestion plaguing its customer.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that congestion issues began at the same time Netflix was indroduced into Australia and that telstra's current infrastructure can't cope! Telstra really need to "up their game" and upgrade their infrastructure soon as a lot of their customer's, including myself, are beginning to get really ticked off!

Can you please tell me, Darren_Telstra, if telstra has any plans to relieve congestion at the CRBN exchange?

Darren_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi vinpor,

Can you please provide me the full name of the exchange?

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

vinpor

Hi Darren_Telstra

Thanks for your reply. My exchange is in Craigieburn, Victoria.
Darren_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi vinpor,

I can see on our congestion list Craigieburn as being listed. Unfortunately there is no ETR for any upgrades.

The affected exchanges on the congestion list are under active monitoring by Congestion Management. Some have estimated dates for when any relief work are to be done, but in your case of Craigieburn there is no ETR.

vinpor

Hi Darren_Telstra,

So in Other words..

1 - yes you admit congestion,
2 - work is being done, suburb by suburb,
3 - Craigieburn is on the congestion list but not a priority.

That is not good enough for what i am paying. The congestion has been an issue for months now. No ETA on a a fix is not acceptable. My connections is pretty much rendered useless to me now. What will telstra be doing to compensate their customers for the congestion headaches over the previous few months?
Darren_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi vinpor,

I've sent you a private message in regards to your issue.

Thanks

vinpor

Thank you for the PM Darren.

I have filed out the form and replied to your pm with the reference number

Hisv8

Hi Darren

Are you able to tell me if Rowville is on the list.

We are experienceing exactly the same issue for about 2 months now wiith speeds commonly around 2 after 5.30pm.

Telstra seem to be unable to do anything about it with continuous complaints being logged.

Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Hisv8, 

There is one DSLAM located in Rowville which is on the congestion list. It has a relief date for the end of this year (2015).  

To know if your service is specially listed on this congested DSLAM you would need to contact our tech team who can access your account to check and perform further troubleshooting if required.  They can be contacted on 133 933 or via Live Chat

- Ben

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit