JorgeNilo
Level 1: Cadet

Slow internet speed

Hi,
My internet is usually 100mbps, today after i restart the modem, my internet is only 20mbps. What can I do to resolve and be as before?

thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Slow internet speed

What colour is the indicator on the front of the modem? and the other indicators (on the back)?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
JorgeNilo

Front LED - Blue

WAN / DSL - no colour

Connected - green

Mobile mode - green

Cell phone signal -

Telephone - no colour

WI-FI - green

Pair - no colour

SteveW_52

The blue indicator tells you that the modem is in 4G backup mode - so that explains the speed drop. Normal NBN internet service would give a green indicator..

So, the lack of WAN/DSL light confirms that. So you have an internet problem that might need to be reported.

Other than that, the modem is doing exactly as it should - providing you a level of internet when the main service has failed.

20 mbps seems slow after having 100 mbps, but it is sure better than 0 mbps  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
JorgeNilo

Yes, but what could I do to try to resolve it? this happened after i restarted the modem.

I play Xbox One Online, and unfortunately after this slowdown, I'm not getting it. Do you advise me to do what to solve this problem?

SteveW_52

You can't resolve it yourself, it is a failure of you internet service. probably The only thing you can do is check the NBN NTD (which connects between the cable wall socket socket and then an ethernet cable to the modem..

What indicators are on the NBN box and have you tried restarting that device?

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit