Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Slow internet speeds Fixed Wireless NBN on Very Fast Speed Plan.

I have been on the NBN for a while now and the speeds are really slow.

We have bypassed the modem and connected directly to NBN box via ethernet cable and speeds a similar to when running through the modem via Wifi.

We are achieving speeds of 3 and 4 Mbps download and 5 to 6 Mbps upload with aroun 40 to 50 ms pings.

These are speeds well below what I was enjoying with ADSL.

I have contacted tech support, and have been issued three different tickets, each one closed with only a text message to my mobile saying the issue is resolved. The latest ticket INC 00320471 was escalated to have an NBN tech come to my home on Thursday 14/09/2017 between 8.00am and 12.00 noon. Contacting telstra after waiting until 2.00 pm led to another appointment being made for this Tuesday 19/09/2017 8.00 am to 12.00 pm. 

Sadly I think the ticket has been closed again, as tonight I rec'd a text ojn my mobile once again decalring the issue was resolved.

Checking my speed tonight at before contacting support I had a speed test of 1.8 Mbps download and 6.9 Mbps upload.

I am of the understanding my plan is a 50 Mbps service. I know there can be congetstion but one would assume better than just 2 % of what the plan is supposed to deliver.

I am extremely frustrated with support, and the service provided by telstra so far.

I have been a loyal customer for many decades, and never have I had such pitiful service.
Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, I would early love a call from telstra rather than me chasing them all the time.

Telstra is clearly not delivering what I am paying for.

Shame Telstra Shame, your customers deserve better support and common courtesy of a followup call rather than an impersonal text advising an issue is reolved when it is clear that it is not.

Regards Phillip

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Slow internet speeds Fixed Wireless NBN on Very Fast Speed Plan.

Hi Philip, 

In regards to speed issues, nbn does require some very specific troubleshooting to be done.   If this hasn't been asked of you yet can I get you to collect the following information and then provide it to our consultant when you call back on 1800 834 273 (say faults when prompted).

1. Speed test results from at http://www.speedtest.net/ on 3 separate occasions: morning, afternoon and nighttime (Once the test has completed, select Share the Result). 
  2. Trace route & Ping results including destination server, date and timestamps 

If you could preform these tests on a device that is connected by Ethernet cable (not WiFi) directly to the WNTD  and if this is not possible, then directly to your Telstra modem.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit