GolfAlphaGolf
Level 1: Cadet

Slow NBN speeds after account disconnect

Answered

I'm experiencing painfully slow NBN speeds at the moment since my connection has been brought back online after a disconnect due to an overdue bill with no warning (but that's a whole other issue. Was going to pay the bill tomorrow but had no idea that disconnection was imminent)

The line has been brought back up very efficiently this morning but due to me working from home at the moment I was rather panicked to get back online and put up with the slow speeds for a while, hoping it would improve

It has now been 4 hours and numerous router reboots later and my speed-tests are currently below 1 Mbps both download and upload.(0.12Mbps down and 0.17 Mbps up)

The speed seems consistent with my experience while the line was "disconnected" and could only access telstra websites (albeit very slowly - actually getting online to pay the bill was a nightmare)

It seems my connection has not been "released" properly at telstra's end but I'm having great difficulty in talking to a human - the self service phone thing keeps booting me to a "help yourself" link and hanging up on me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Toriee
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Slow NBN speeds after account disconnect

Hey @GolfAlphaGolf 

Hope that you were able to get this sorted. For future reference, chatting with our credit management team is the quickest way to get your service unrestricted. You can reach them in your My Telstra app https://tel.st/t39qa Once in the chat, the virtual assistant will ask you a few questions before asking a team member to contact you. More info about how that works here https://tel.st/a5plx;

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Toriee
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey @GolfAlphaGolf 

Hope that you were able to get this sorted. For future reference, chatting with our credit management team is the quickest way to get your service unrestricted. You can reach them in your My Telstra app https://tel.st/t39qa Once in the chat, the virtual assistant will ask you a few questions before asking a team member to contact you. More info about how that works here https://tel.st/a5plx;

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

GolfAlphaGolf
Level 1: Cadet

Yeah all sorted. Couldn’t get through to credit management at the time on the phone. Finally got through and something hasn’t refreshed Properly with the account

Toriee
Support Team
Support Team

Glad to hear that you were able to reach out credit management team and that this was sorted for you. 

Merry Christmas Smiley Very Happy 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit