CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Slow upload NBN 100/40

Been having issues since Thursday. My download speed is still the usual (in the 90s) however my upload speed is sitting between 2 and 5mbps. I'm unable to do any of my work from home as a result and I'm currently in quarantine and can't go into work physically.

Done the whole reset the modem, reset the NBN box thingy, etc. Nothing's changed.

Managed to get on the phone with a rep on Thursday, ticket was marked as solved but I'm still having the same issue. Haven't been able to get hold of anyone since.

Again: download speed is at it's usual peak speed, no issues there. It's the upload that's an issue.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Slow upload NBN 100/40

What type of NBN connection do you have? There have been several cases of this occurring on FTTC connections.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

HFC. Never had this happen before. Even during peak times it never drops this much. To make it even weirder, my download is still at full speed. 94 down, 2 up (upload is usually in the 30s, but right now I'll be happy with 10 as that's enough for what I need currently). This is even after restarting nbn box and modem. 

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I have same problem, first time it got bumped within 10 minutes when I reported it, then told me Telstra nbn team would contact me, then nothing.

regular drop outs during the day with lost connections... can only upload for work at night... 

then wake up early in the morning and see uploads bursting between 50mps and 1mps on checks.. something really wrong ...

Rang again, lodged ticket again, told I would be contacted within 10 hours but low priority because I have good download speed.

I asked if I could get a view on signal strength to my box because in the past lightening strikes tend to make the oscillator in the Telstra box go on the cable, but no one form Telstra has visibility to the the signal strength levels.

still no answer.. only started happening 48 hours ago, so not increased home usage due to corona virus... 

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I think it is HFC , previously Foxtel/ big pond , fibre node is about 300 m away . I am on a 100/40 plan. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit