Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Slow Upload speed

I run a wired network and lately I'm experiencing a upload speed  of around 0.27 which makes it hard to watch anything,as the upload speed is around 5.4mpbs which outpaces that. I've spoken to Telstra about this and apparently they are not responsible for slow upload speeds. Any way to improve it?

Michael Petterson

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Slow Upload speed

Not an ideal upload speed there. Are you using ADSL, Cable or NBN?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Adsl. I've just had a technician out and he also seemed to think that was acceptable,or at least there wasn't much he could do,apart from splitting my phone and ethernet lines so that weren't' competing with each other. I would upgrade but the only service available in my area is Satellite and I'm reluctant to do that,as I've just spent quite a bit on a new router and a wireless adapter,not expecting this would happen,as this is only a recent occurrence,since I complained to Telstra recently about some problems I was having with their supplied modem,with resetting itself and it deciding that my network connection didn't exist.

Michael Petterson
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Peto, have you submitted a request to have this investigated directly. this can be done using the following https://tel.st/f4zt4

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

I have. we had a technician come out yesterday and put a splitter on our phone line,routing the internet line directly to my computer. Now whatever he did is affecting my entire network. When I try to connect to such things as YouTube on the second computer on the network I get "DNS_Probe_finshed_bad_config and even for me,some things are unable to connect properly,even thouh it does say it has the connection up. I don't know what to do..

Michael Petterson
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Pesto, Our team is looking into an issue impacting some home internet connections including nbn. We'll keep you posted as we get on top of it. Sorry to mess with your Sunday plans.

Highlighted

Ah. So that was why when i tried to contact support directly I ran into a 40+ minute waiting queue,as there's no other way for me to find out what's going on,as I don't possess a phone that can run the 24x7 app which tech support seems to be routed into on a increasing amount,and I'm not very happy with the entire situation in general.

Michael Petterson
Highlighted

Anyways going back to my initial question: I just did a speedtest and got a 7.1 download speed and a 0.7/1.0 Mbps upload speed. I am on a home network of 2 PC's and my TV in the network,but still as of late it seems to struggle with such things as video clips via Youtube. I had a tech guy out yesterday but he didn't think he could do much given my distance from the exchange and the number of systems on the network. I can't just start removing people from the network and the only other option I have on the NBN is Satellite which as I understand it would make most of my current setup useless,so any other options?

Michael Petterson

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit