Judi9
Level 2: Rookie

SMS Fault Tracker Link - but no Mobile Phone

Answered

I just finished a conversation with a customer service person in relation to getting assistance with ongoing internet dropouts.
Whilst the person was very helpful. They finished the conversation with this:

You can keep up to date with the status of your Fault using the Fault Tracker link, which will be sent via SMS shortly.”

I don't have a mobile phone and I had already advised the customer service person that I didn't have a mobile.

So how will I be contacted if needed? How will I know what is going on?

Seriously Telstra we are not yet in an equal technology age yet, not everyone has a mobile, not everyone wants or needs a mobile. Stop leaving us out of the connection loop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Judi9
Accepted Solution

Re: SMS Fault Tracker Link - but no Mobile Phone

Thank you for the reply.
As stated previously I don't have a mobile phone, so I cannot receive the sms to access the Fault Tracking Tool.
The My Telstra App is only for mobile phones.
Yes, have logged in to My Telstra and after a lot of searching found the "Track my reported faults" page. Current fault is listed and the related reference number.
Weird, there are two listings for the same fault and only when I scroll down the page do I see the "Manage Fault" option on the second listing. Would be very easy to miss that. 
I am assuming this is the sms that was being referred to.
So after all this nothing for me to be concerned about unless I wanted to change the appointment by contacting a Telstra customer service person anyway.
All a bit confusing.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dowser
Level 22: Superhuman

The link that they were going to send to you (via SMS) is probably “an SMS with a unique tracking link (URL) that will take you to the Fault Tracking Tool”  source

As mentioned on that page, you can also still track your ADSL and Home Phone faults via the My Telstra App in the 'Get Help' section.

If you do not have the My Telstra app installed, you can find equivalent information by signing into My Telstra on the Telstra webpage.

- go to Sign in (at the top right) and select My Telstra, select your service, ‘Get help’ etc.

Judi9
Accepted Solution

Thank you for the reply.
As stated previously I don't have a mobile phone, so I cannot receive the sms to access the Fault Tracking Tool.
The My Telstra App is only for mobile phones.
Yes, have logged in to My Telstra and after a lot of searching found the "Track my reported faults" page. Current fault is listed and the related reference number.
Weird, there are two listings for the same fault and only when I scroll down the page do I see the "Manage Fault" option on the second listing. Would be very easy to miss that. 
I am assuming this is the sms that was being referred to.
So after all this nothing for me to be concerned about unless I wanted to change the appointment by contacting a Telstra customer service person anyway.
All a bit confusing.

View solution in original post

Dowser

Thank you for your comments.

The My Telstra section of the Telstra webpage is meant to provide similar functionality to the app. If you feel that the interface could be improved, you can leave feedback for the development team.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit