CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Some common site inaccessible since NBN cutover

We have recently cut over to NBN (not to the house) and have been having issues connecting to some sites on my laptop. This is really strange as other devices (phone and tablets) are fine. I can also connect using wireless modem plugged into laptop.. There are several other sites but they are company email, etc. I just keep getting timeouts. Connecting via wifi and most sites work. Any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Some common site inaccessible since NBN cutover

NBN with telstra or any company is pretty crap atm, I was told by Telstra an acceptable speed for NBN 100/50 is 50/20 and for 50/20 its 25/10 and for 25/10 its 10/1.........I'm quietly contemplating the fact they may throttle users based on their "acceptable speeds"

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Some common site inaccessible since NBN cutover

Hi BolinP

It's disappointing to see that your new NBN service is not working as it should. 

You are best to raise this with our 24x7 NBN Support Team by calling 1800834273 - IVR > Say “faults” so they can run some checks for you. 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit