EmptyK
Level 1: Cadet

South Brisbane Velocity Down

My overpriced and underwhelming Velocity connection will not connect to LAN. NTD LAN light remains orange. A few addresses around me are experiencing the same outage notification. The problem is the notification states that the outage has occurred since March 18, 2021. Connectivity was normal last night.

Called the 1800 008 994 support number, apparently, it's down, and got someone else????

Is anyone in a position to better update me please.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
OllieW
Support Team
Support Team

Re: South Brisbane Velocity Down

Hi EmptyK, is this still giving you trouble? Are any details listed here: https://tel.st/rqpcr ?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

EmptyK
Level 1: Cadet

Hi OllieW,

The details still advise that connection may not be possible under outages(??)

As no one called me back despite the assurances several times - I called back the velocity Sth Brisbane 1800 number to see if  A) The support line was working B) I can re-authenticate my connection.

I was told that was not possible as it can only be authenticated once, and that's on the first connection.(??)

I then spent the next 30 minutes begging then demanding the reset my authentication password.

Once the "tech"realised i had a third party modem/router the excuse then moved to "everything is fine our end so you will need to the manufactuerer of the modem" (??)

I finally persuaded the tech to re-authenticate, which re-established connectivity.

To be paying $150-$99 a month for maybe 25mb/s over the last 10 years is disgusting within itself.

To have to convince someone to try and make it work for you is another level.

I'm pulling my two mobiles from Telstra and the next 12 months cannot come quick enough as far as I'm, and surely the majority of FTTP users in South Brisbane, is concerned.

MammaB
Support Team
Support Team

Morning EmptyK, can I clarify something real quick... Is your location and service listed on our Service Outage Page as being part of a reported outage?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit