AnnP1
Level 2: Rookie

Speed Boost stuck in Provisioning

I have recently switched to NBN and ordered the 100/40 speed boost.  My connection was easy and smooth but I can't say the same for my speed boost.  I have called Telstra 4 times and been given (what I feel is) the run around.

I called on the 23/11/17 and spoke to David (INT 1-1333492243492) and he advised there was a technical issue, my order was in provisioning and he would email NBN Billing to have it resolved and my speed boost would be applied within 48 hours.

After 48 hours and no speed boost, I rang and this time spoke to Mary.  She advised that she had raised a Service Request & gave me the following reference - P171125030802921.  She also told me that the speed boost would be applied within 72 hours.

After 72 hours and still no speed boost I rang again and this time spoke to Martin in NBN Billing and quoted the number given to me by Mary.  He took care of a billing issue (thank you, that was seamless) but said as I had already had a Service Request raised & perhaps I could just wait another 48 hours for my speed boost.

After 48 hours & STILL NO SPEED BOOST I rang AGAIN!!!!  I spoke to Martin again in NBN Billing and he advised that my order was still STUCK IN PROVISIONING!!!  Really????  Now I have another reference number that has been raised to escalate the fact that my order is stuck in provisioning - P171130030869026.  I was also told that it would now be 5 to 7 working days until "back of house" would get back to me regarding this problem with my order.

Now I have to point out that every representative that I have spoken to has been polite and sympathetic to my cause but I am way beyond angry now and I want something done right away, not in 5 to 7 working days.  I rely heavily on my internet to run my business.  My accounting software is cloud-based and slow speeds are crippling my ability to service my clients.  I have deadlines with the ATO that are not being met for which my clients can actually be fined.  

Really.  This is not good enough.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Speed Boost stuck in Provisioning

Hi AnnP1 sorry to hear you've experienced a system issue with your speed boost request. It can take some time for our systems team to rectify glitches. In the meantime your service will still work as normal, just without the speed boost. We apologise for any inconveniences in the meantime. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AnnP1

Well surprise surprise. After 7 working days (8 today) still no speed boost. I've been told it has been escalated for the third time and to wait another 48 to 72 hours.
AnnP1

Thanks Cas-Ra for your response.  After a month I am still waiting.  My order was eventually cancelled and resubmitted over a week ago and once again it is stuck in provisioning.  Why does this keep happening?

AnnP1

I have a new response today and I quote -

"Spoken to an escalation manager today and been informed there is a delay in all order cancellations with the system but they are going to push this through manually in 24-48 hours."

I really am getting very angry.  Now the cancellation is "stuck".  24-48 hours seems to be the standard response but NOTHING EVER GETS DONE!!!

This will not be sorted before Christmas now.  Great work Telstra once again!!!

MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Do you have an open complaint about this, Ann? If so, do you have the 'SR' reference number handy? - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

AnnP1

Hi MattyC

Interesting you should ask this question.  I tried to make a complaint yesterday as I have been in touch with the communications ombudsman and they have asked me to make a formal complaint.  I was first put through to residential billing when I asked for the complaints dept who could not help me.  Then I was put through to someone else (not sure what dept but somewhere in NBN team), after 25 more minutes on the phone, 15 of which spent on hold I had to hang up.  

As mentioned in my previous messages, I am trying to run a business.  I have in total now spent over 3 and a half hours either on the phone or sending messages regarding this problem.

I have given up on seeing anything before Christmas and the stress of being passed around from person to person with no answers, just empty promises is starting to take a toll.  I have clients with ATO deadlines and I am having to work longer hours (for no extra money because it is MY issue not my clients' issue) due to slow speeds and time taken out of my day making phone calls.

On a side note, I also cannot use Telstra TV that came with my bundle as the speed is so slow that it just sits there trying to tune in, so it is now unplugged.  I am also now experiencing drop outs on all my wifi devices in the house due to authentication errors.  I have had to go and buy a powerline adapter to get Foxtel to work because it just wouldn't stay connected.  I have reset the modem a number of times to no avail.

It has been an awful experience so far after switching my plan.  As a customer since the "Telecom" days who was only talked into staying with Telstra after speaking to disconnections when I was first hooking up to the NBN and was going to change providers,  I find myself completely regretting my decision.

MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Really sorry to hear, AnnP1. I'd encourage you to raise a complaint via the following - https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint
You'll be assigned a case manager, who will read your complaint and the notes on your account, look at your services, and contact you to discern a resolution. 
Take note of the 'SR' reference number supplied at the end, so we can keep track of the complaint.
If you then choose to engage the TIO, they'll ask for the offered resolution, as well as that SR number.
Please let us know how you get on, as I'd like to hear this is being addressed as a priority - Matthew.

AnnP1

Thank you MattyC.  Will do.

Regards

Ann

AnnP1

Hi Matthew,

I have tried for 2 days now to submit my complaint via the link you gave me.  I go through the process, enter all the relevant information and then I get the following error - 
Sorry, we've encountered an error

Please try again later.

I have tried on more than one computer and on different browsers.

This really is beyond frustrating.

So after over 5 weeks, speed boost still not applied and cancellation of order still stuck "somewhere" AND I can't even make a complaint.

Ann

thedylan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @AnnP1,

You can also speak directly to our Complaints Team on 132200 (then say "Complaint" at the voice prompt) as long as you call during the times they are available, between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time Monday to Friday.

AnnP1

Thank you for your response.  I tried exactly that about a week ago.  When you say "complaints" to the voice recognition software you are automatically put through to Residential Billing.  They say they cannot help as it is NBN so they redirected my call to NBN Billing, the team I have been speaking to and going around in circles with since the 23/11/17, so you can appreciate my lack of trust in this department.  I tried to make a complaint and was put on hold for more than 15 minutes.  As I have previously mentioned I am trying to run a business and sitting on hold while waiting for someone to action a request of mine going back 5 weeks is frustrating to say the least.  The option to do it online seemed to be the easiest and most efficient, however given that is not working I am at a dead end so to speak.

I remember joking with Aaron in the Telstra store and saying that it will be lucky to be sorted out by Christmas.  Now it looks like it will be 2018 before I see my speed boost applied.  I signed my new contract mid November.  Does it take 2 months?  Really?  How hard can it be?!?!

Ann

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

We can also help have this followed up if you send the details of the complaint via our secure link at  www.telstra.com/24x7help if the Complaints page on the Telstra website hasn't helped.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit