georgieo
Level 2: Rookie

Static IP Address with NBN

I have recently moved to NBN and had to cancel my old Static Ip Address and request a new one so I can log in my work. Three days later and still haven't got a new IP Address. Spoke to multiple people who don't have any idea or suggestions other than to put in another form to escalate the process? How do people work with this sort of service?? not impressed. Why can't someone talk to "back of house" as they call it?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Static IP Address with NBN

Well, you can't speak to back of house as it is back of house and not frontline and there is no means of direct communication (otherwise they'd never get any work done).

It should normally be a simple process that the NBN provisioning team deal with (you used to call 1800 834 273 and they'd get it done within a couple of days).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
georgieo
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Static IP Address with NBN

Finally got it done after 5 days with many phone calls. Only the last customer service person new that the NBN had different IP addresses to ADSL so finally got it fixed. I would have though Telstra Customer Service would have had better training? Hopefully they learned something!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit