Level 2: Rookie

Strange phone calls

I have an appointment for an NBN technician to come to my home in about a week. This appointment has been confirmed. However, I am now getting strange phone calls from a company called Birgit-Frances Australia, who leave messages on my mobile voicemail about my appointment. I don't know if they are genuine or not. I tried to call their mobile number, but get a pre-recorded message saying that their number has been disconnected. Is this a scam ? I can't seem to get any information from Telstra. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Strange phone calls

I'd just block their number. There is a Birgit-Frances Australia listed in Sydney and they are fashion designers.

Not sure why you would mention an NBN technician's visit, it's a very long bow to link the two.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 2: Rookie

Hello Jupiter, all this started after my NBN appointment had been confirmed by Telstra. These calls come from 2 numbers : 02 87482400 and 0429394679. I did a Reverse Lookup, and the 02 number is the subject of many complaints. They appear to be a third party trying to muscle in on people's NBN installations, and want their internet codes. The 0429394679 number now seems to be disconnected. All too weird. 

The call you got would have been from BSA who are an NBN contractor. The 02 8748 2400 is their Head Office number. They're not really supposed to call unless there is a problem (eg they arrive at your place and you're not home when they need access or they are running late for an appointment).

As far as wanting people's internet codes, what codes are you referring to? There aren't any that the customer would have that they could use for anything.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit