Dirkbox
Level 1: Cadet

Super Speed add on

Hi All

Apparently, I have had a super-speed addition to my account since April.

The Superfast Internet Add-On has the potential to more than double the download speeds of your current plan's nbnTM Premium Evening Speed - the Superfast Internet Add-On has typical download speeds of 230Mbps (7-11pm).  This is on an HFC connection.

So why do I only get a max of 140mbps throughout the day.  Testing at 4 am regularly, the speed does not go over 140mbps.

I would like to talk to Telstra about this but am not putting an app on my phone to get in touch with them.

Could they not make it easy just to speak to someone on the telephone? 

Does anyone actually get the so-called super fast speed?  on HFC?

Thanks

D

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Super Speed add on

Hi - have you tested the quoted speed from a PC connected to the Black Arris NBN modem's Ethernet port vs doing the tests though the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz band of your device. If via WiFi, can you do another test by first powering down the Telstra modem so as not to inadvertently engage 4G LTE back-up. Assuming you are using the Telstra CAT5e or alternative CAT6 rated ethernet cable for connection between the Arris modem and the Telstra modem, plug the yellow end of that cable into your PC and do another Speedtest for comparison.

Were you asked by Telstra to either power reset the NBN Modem or the Telstra Modem after the Super-fast activation occurred - don't know if that would assist? 

Dowser

@Dirkbox wrote:

I would like to talk to Telstra about this but am not putting an app on my phone to get in touch with them.

Could they not make it easy just to speak to someone on the telephone? 

You can chat to Telstra Support on your computer: Go to the Telstra homepage > Sign in > My Telstra then click on the blue chat bubble at the bottom right of screen.

It is possible to speak to Support by calling 132200 during business hours.

Dirkbox

No Blue chat bubble on the Telstra page when I log in.  There used to be one but I don't see one anymore.

Dirkbox

Have done tests via ethernet not wifi.

Not been asked by Telstra to power down or reset the modem.  It has been done tho with no diffrence.

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

I'm on HFC and get greater than the promised download speed..

Did you get close to 100 Mbps before Superfast?

Can I ask what your upload speed is now and whether you were put on NBN premium? I had to get premium enabled via NBN before I got the full superfast speed - prium reshaps the channel involved for HFC to get the maximum speed.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Dowser

@Dirkbox wrote:

No Blue chat bubble on the Telstra page when I log in.  There used to be one but I don't see one anymore.

I just checked, and now it appears that an extra step is needed:

You can chat to Telstra Support on your computer: Go to the Telstra homepage > Sign in > My Telstra (and sign in)

then click on the menu bar (top right) and select Get Help and then click on the blue chat bubble at the bottom right of screen.

Alternatively, you can Livechat Telstra Support using messaging on your mobile phone by clicking from 0800-2000 AEST

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit