HTRH
Level 2: Rookie

Superfast add on issue

Hello,

I had placed an order last week for the premium super nbn add on.

Yesterday evening I can see my order has been moved to complete and stored in archived and service details updated to speed nbn + super fast add on.

I gave the modem a reboot and power off at the wall numerous times however speeds are still the same 50/20mbps.

Tried again this morning power off and reset with no luck.

Is this something I should call nbn tech support for troubleshooting or is there a period I still need to wait.

Appreciate any advice 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Superfast add on issue

It should have been completed by now, especially if the order has been marked as complete.

You need to contact Telstra to find out why it hasn't been applied (possibly because NBN Co hasn't applied the codes to your service).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
HTRH

Thanks for the information, I will give NBN technical a call in a bit, and update the answer

HTRH

just spent 45 min with tech support, forwarded to network team speed upgrade isn't sync with NBN does this actually happen ? order was processed and completed I assume it would mean good to go ?

please advise 

Jupiter

The only reason that I could think of that would stop the upgrade from being applied is if your service is not capable of the higher speeds. Those speeds (>100Mbps) are only available of FTTP and some HFC connections. FTTN connections are pot luck and will max out at 100Mbps (most are only capable of sustaining a 50Mbps service or less), mine was only 37Mbps so I got rid of my NBN connection and moved to an alternative system.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
HTRH

Thank you for the response.

I definitely have Fiber to the premises confirmed with NBN co and Telstra 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit