CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Superfast Speed Boost vs Ultimate Speed Boost on Cable

Answered

What is the Down\Up Mbps speed difference between Superfast Speed Boost vs Ultimate Speed Boost on Cable ?

(Not on NBN)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Superfast Speed Boost vs Ultimate Speed Boost on Cable

Hi Carlo2,

The ultimate speed boost is the old name for the superfast speed boost. The speeds of up to 100/2 are the same and there will be no change if you moved to the newer speed boost. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Chris

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Carlo2,

Apologies for the delayed response. You probably already have the answer to this, but in-case anyone else has this same question, here is the answer.

The standard speed available for HFC Cable services is a maximum of: 30 Mbps download & 1 Mbps upload

With the speedboost, HFC Cable will provide a maximum of: 100 Mbps download & 2 Mbps upload.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

I was getting 100Mbps down on my Ultimate cable and today I signed up for a new contract and they are throwing in Super Fast Speed Boost which is meant to be faster again.

How fast is this?

This was our conversation:

Wayne

And it will be faster then my 100Mbps I get now?

xxxxx

Yes I assure and guarantee you that Wayne..

xxxxx

You only have Ultimate Speed Boost. Our add-ons for Cable Internet are:

Speed Boost
Ultimate Speed Boost and, Super Fast Speed Boost.

Is super speed boost faster again?

So if it is no faster then I will be looking for $20/credit per month.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi boxallw,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Without knowing the details of your interaction with us, I cannot comment, however, I'm really concerned you had been assured of your connection speeds and this is simply not something we can do.

I'm keen to follow this up further, if you could please send through your details via our secure webform we'll investigate further. Please do get back to me with the SR reference provided.

Highlighted

I logged the call and expected the SR number to get emailed to me. It didn't. In fact 9/10 times when Telstra says you will get an email you don't.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi boxallw,

Have you checked your BigPond email address (if you have one)? Often those emails will be sent there.

Highlighted

Nothing in my bigpond email account. As mentioned it is pretty broken after the "upgrade".

Highlighted

So, seven months since my original post, I'm still waiting for the answer...

I already have Ultimate Speed Boost on HFC Cable which gives me 100 Mbps Up\2 MbpsDown.

Just want to know what is the Down\Up Mbps speed of "Superfast Speed Boost" ? (Theoretical speeds implied).

Many thanks.

Highlighted

Whoops... sorry !

I meant I'm getting 100 Mbps Down/2 Mbps Up

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi Carlo2,

The ultimate speed boost is the old name for the superfast speed boost. The speeds of up to 100/2 are the same and there will be no change if you moved to the newer speed boost. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Chris

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit