jennifer1231
Level 1: Cadet

suspended email account

after my email account was suspended, spent lengthy phone conversaton to have reinstated and new password created.

ever since then, my outlook email account asks for a password to be provided every time \I want to download emails.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Re: suspended email account

Does that password work if you login using Webmail? If so, then the credentials are valid. If not, then that could be your problem - the account information/credentials are different to what you have.

When you provide that password to Outlook do you get the option to save it?

You can change your password for that account in Outlook manually.. Click on File, Account Settings, select your account and then click on Repair.. Advance options,  check the box to repair the account manually and the next screen should give you the password field where you can put in the new one..  be sure to check remember password, then go through the rest of it all...

If that doesn't work, check the Ewbmail route again - not unheard of to have corrupted passwords?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
jennifer1231

SteveW,

thanks,  new password does work when logging into webmail. unsure about option to save it, but I dont seem to have Account settings, under the file list.

Also, sorry but never heard of Ewbmail....

jennifer1231

oh found it under tools, will see if that works, talks about chaninging from POP to IMAP settings, so unsure if Ive done the correct thing there

SteveW_52

Where did you go to in Tools? Can't see an option there to change password

IMAP works better for some people I use it because I access emails accounts on several devices and IMAP allows me to synch them all..  that doesn't suit everyone though..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
SteveW_52

If you click on Files in the Outlook menu bar, there should be an icon for Account Settings..  what version of Outlook are you using?

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit