Level 1: Cadet

Switching to current Telstra plans

Hi,

I literally just signed up to Telstra NBN home boardband 1 month ago, because there was a $10 discount offer for 12 months.

However literally 1 month later (as of 23rd November 2020), this discount just increased to $20.

I felt like being bait switched, if I waited 1 month I would have saved $120. Thinking, okay, no big deal, maybe Telstra accounts team can just switch me over to the new promo internally as I literally just changed over to Telstra.

NOPE, can't do it, no way to do it, their system won't let them do it apparently.

I wonder what happens to the person that literally signed up 1 day before this new promo comes out.

My question is, has anyone successfully done something like this before?

This doesn't seem like very "customer" friendly practices, as existing customers won't feel valued, if anything first chance I get I'll switch to a different provider.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Switching to current Telstra plans

That's how promotional offers work.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Switching to current Telstra plans

Yes, I have been caught like that and it doesn't make you feel great about Telstra - but my crystal ball broke way back in the 60's so i can't forecast anything now..  I also don't like the discounts offered to new customers but denied to long term, loyal, existing customers..

But there is not much to be done about it, except use your feet as you suggested you would..  but that doesn't always mean a better deal in the long term..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit