Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Technician callout

Hey
Any chance of getting a telstra technician to come out and test to see what kinds of connections we can get.
Ive rung telstra multiple times and all they can give me is an extremely over priced nextg connection.
There excuse is that nothing is displayed for my area
My friend who lives just down the road has adsl2+
So im thinking mabye a technician could come out and actually test the lines to be absolutely sure.
Its pretty dissapointing having to pay $60 for 8gig with 300 milliseconds of latency

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Technician callout

Hi Bugin10,

Thanks for your post regarding your request for a technician to check availability of broadband services at your services other than Mobile Broadband service.

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport Smiley Happy Please stick around and offer any expertise you may have in the range of topics we have here in our Community.

You can check availability of broadband services at your address online without having a technician come out and test what's available to you.

A technician will only come out once you've placed an application and they need to confirm viability. If availability check above does not show ADSL or Cable broadband services being available in your area, then we're unable to provide you with those type of broadband connections. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply.
I have rung telstra and they tell me that nothing is showing up for my house. They said that its not saying we cant get anything there just saying that there is nothing showing up.
I was wondering if there was a problem with there computer or something and that mabye i could have someone give me a definate answer and tell me wether or not it is possible to get anything at all
Thanks
Highlighted

I have checked online and it says i cant get it. Its confusing because people around me can get adsl ect. Easily
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Bugin10,

Thanks for the update and I understand that when you contacted us they've been unable to locate your address to check broadband availability and online checking tool also not showing availability when everyone else around you have ADSL.

I'm going to send you a private message so I can get your details so I can check for you. Thank you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Bugin10 we got same problem pretty much our availability checker says that it dosent know if we have it and it says broadband may not be available in our area. I talked to a telstra person he was pretty hopeless hour managed to tell us we may be available to wireless broadband and Adsl. I would like a technician to come out and quote us on how much it will cost to install cable to our house and connect it up. We are about 200 m away from telephone lines and there's a cable down the bottom of our property and its about 100 m away so yea
Highlighted

All we got atm is mobile broadband and its sooooo expensive we really need to change family of 5 with 15 gig/month pls help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit