Rusty6
Level 2: Rookie

Technicolor Router TGN799vac

Does anyone know of another suitable NBN compatable modem/router on the market.? I am so over this Techicolor TGN799vac, Telstra have sent out a new unit (and charged me for freight, what a cheek seeing as it is their product that is faulty) anyway in Telstra's wisdom they sent out a new modem only and now the phone doesnt work as it wont sync with the new modem. Telstra may have tried to contact me on my home phone but that is useless as it doesn't work. I would like to know if I can go back onto ADSL as I had no problems whatsoever with ADSL. I am still convinced the NBN is a waste of taxpayers money and it should be down with the DESAL plant that way all the s*** is in the same place. Also when are the drop outs going to stop? It is slow enough without having to wait for the modem to restart after its continual dropouts.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Technicolor Router TGN799vac

Hi Rusty, 

Sorry to hear of the modem issues. For NBN technical support please give us a call on 1800 834 273 and we can check on this for you.

You wont be able to go on ADSL again as the service is shut down in an area once NBN is available sorry. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit