Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Additional Block of IP address allocation

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me for setting up the IP address. 

I have installed Elastix PBX system (for call centre use). It is connected to local static ip address 10.0.0.25. My main Static IP address with Telstra is 110.143.226.86. I have technicolor Modem TG797N v3. I need to make this application live so we can access the call centre portal, make/receive calls. Can anyone help by providing the right configuration settings? 

I had an instance where I tried same machine on optus by using NAT (port forwarding) but when we configure the extention in other networks, there is no voice. That's why I ordered additional block of IP addresses that can be configured directly in this machine to make it live/public.

The addition IP address details are: 

The network been allocated is 203.42.133.32/27
   (NOTE: please use the above format when requesting or adding routes)
   The range of addresses are 203.42.133.32 - 203.42.133.63

- 203.42.133.32 is the network address (all zeros);
     - 203.42.133.63 is the broadcast address (all ones);

The SUBNET mask for this network is 255.255.255.224.
   The number of IPv4 addresses allocated is based on your application.

Can anyone please help in configuration. Thank you in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Telstra Additional Block of IP address allocation

Did you end up working this out mate? I need help on this also

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Maeneak,

Assuming that your enquiry is identical to those posted by fmhlimo, then you would need to place ipblock in against this service via Custdata then get assistance with configuring your modem from a private tech or contacting our Telstra Platinum team on 1800 202 766.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Thanks for your help Shelly,

But i would like to understand the process and configuration. I'll try forums for some help. Cheers

I also need some help on this... we got some old piece of hardware as the modem and no idea how to administer it as it doesn't even have a web console!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Phamin8R, 

I see Shelly has responded to a similar post of yours in another thread:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/National-Broadband-Network-NBN/Telstra-Additional-Block-of-IP...

Ben

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit