Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

TELSTRA ADSL + LANDLINE AND nbn

Hi all 

I am wanting to know how to go about the following.

My mum has adsl internet and phone landline under her name only with Telstra

I have a mobile phone with Telstra only.

Now as my mum is unwell now I was made in the 3 years ago a person who can do things on her behalf.

Now as mum is getting FTTC and she is ready to find a RSP she wants to stay with Telstra.

Now we want a home phone and keep the home number as a lot of relos overseas.

Now when I go to sign up a plan for NBN with Telstra do I do a new account and fill out or do I do an existing account option as mum has an account with Telstra.

Also the account that mum now and in the past which is for ADSL and home phone landline become closed and given a new NBN account number and account.

Thank you for all replies 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: TELSTRA ADSL + LANDLINE AND nbn

When moving transferring to NBN your mother should be able to keep her existing account and pay the same fee as she currently pays or she can opt for one of the new NBN plans. She should be able to keep her existing number whether she stays on her exiting plan or opts for a new NBN plan.

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: TELSTRA ADSL + LANDLINE AND nbn

@MICKDUNNDEE from your other posts, you said you have already signed up for a new NBN connection at your mum's in your name. You need to contact Telstra to get it sorted out so that she doesn't lose her existing phone number permanently.

Do Not Try To Sign Up Online, you will only make the problem worse.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit