Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Cable 3.0

Last year I signed up with a new broadband package and I was told that in my area the network was using "Cable 3.0" . Recently I have been advised that the NBN rollout is coming through our street and I was wondering if I would have to move from Cable 3.0 to the NBN? Anyone know?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Telstra Cable 3.0

This depends entirely on what plans NBN has for your area.

Many areas the HFC Cable transfers to NBN. You'd then get a small cable adaptor (basic cable modem) and a Telstra NBN Gateway.

You would also want to make sure if/when you transfer to NBN that you pick a service with an appropriate speed boost as the standard speed is 25/5, where you may be getting as high as 100/2 on your current cable service.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra Cable 3.0

To answer the question of if you will have to move over, yes, you will have to move over at least within the 18 month transfer period. If you haven't moved over at the end of the 18 month transfer period then it will go into a forced disconnection under the NBN policy.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit