bishi
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra cable as second connection

I've recently moved into a share house that has Dodo adsl2 to share. The speed of this net when the 5 other students I'm living with is far too slow for me and I'm looking to get my own telstra cable connection. The house already has cable outlets includong one in my room but my question is whether its possible to get cable as a second connection in the house when the house already has the Dodo adsl?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Telstra cable as second connection

Hello Bishi,

There is no reason subject to cable availability that you can't get a cable service, especially as the existing service is not in your name. Thanks

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra cable as second connection

Yes PP is very correct, as long as there is no other active HFC connections then it should not be a problem. If someone else does have an connection over the same line it wouldn't work though...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit