Fergul50
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Cable Broadband and the MYTHICAL 100

Speed test 3 days in a row, never gets above 35 download 3 upload. So much for the grand claim but as long a Telstra provides the only access, what can you expect. One day there'll be another provider and Telstra will lose so much and so many.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Lathania
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Telstra Cable Broadband and the MYTHICAL 100

Hi Fergul50,

With Cable the amount of speed you get is a shared bandwidth with others in the area. You're getting about 30 which indicates you're on the correct plan, what time of day have you tried to test this? Have you tried other times where traffic might not be as high?

Have you tried multiple computers and ensured you're connecting via Ethernet? Perhaps try to disable your anti virus as well and see if that helps.
Lathania

There are 2 cable speeds about 30Mb and about 100Mb.  If you are on Ultimate and are only getting about 100mb you should contact support as it's not uncommon for the service to not update your connection profile (or some such) and you'll be getting Elite speeds but paying for Ultimate.

Lathania

You mean 30 right? OP is getting above 35 so the speed profile wil be correct.
Lathania

Yes meant 30, but if they are paying for Ultimate then the profile is definitely wrong. When I first changed to Ultimate I got sent the updated modem and everything worked, but I was still getting about 30Mb until I contacted support and it was fixed up
Lathania

Not if they're getting 35 imho =P

Unless of course that was a once off and its generally lower than 30 in which case you're probably right.

Lathania

Community Manager

Just to add my $0.02 to this one, it is theoretically possible to get as much as 38 Mbps on the lower plan and I have personally achieved 34 Mbps on my own service prior to Ultimate being available so it is possible, in this case, that the plan is incorrect.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit