Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Cable Through Foxtel and Disconnection

Answered

Hi, if I receive the internet through Telsta Cable (this is through the Foxtel Coaxial cable) will I be disconnected on the date it states in the letters I have received. I have read some posts where people think you DO NOT have to switch over to the NBN and the cable service will still be in operation. I also have a separate phone landline connection which I assume will be disconnected.

If I have to organise a new NBN service provider then will need to start the process. It seems most people do not know the answer or are at least confused with what the plan is.

The Trouble Is.....You Think You Have Time....!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Cable Through Foxtel and Disconnection

You need to migrate across to the NBN. You will be disconnected on the specified date as the Telstra Cable systems must be shut down as per the regulations. Your landline phone will also shutdown at the same time.

To migrate, either go into a Telstra Store or send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

It can take a few hours to get an initial response. You will get a notification through the app when someone responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You need to migrate across to the NBN. You will be disconnected on the specified date as the Telstra Cable systems must be shut down as per the regulations. Your landline phone will also shutdown at the same time.

To migrate, either go into a Telstra Store or send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

It can take a few hours to get an initial response. You will get a notification through the app when someone responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks Jupiter

I'm amazed that on my account in the My Telstra App that this connection (Cable) can't have a note with disconnection date and how to migrate.....then again I assume NBN.Co and Telstra don't talk to each other...!!

The Trouble Is.....You Think You Have Time....!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit