Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Contact

How do we contact Telstra? The phone and chat systems are on a Covid break. There seems to be no published email address. Online support takes me in circles and an online form does not open. I have a billing query (bill too high). Thanks John

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Telstra Contact

Hey John.  I have exactly the same problem.  Seems like Australia's biggest telco is brought to its knees with no customer support because (it would seem) overseas call centre agents can't work from home, and the second-line Australia management can't be bother either...  Really bad form Telstra.

Highlighted

Absolutely terrible service. Need to urgently actually SPEAK to someone and just get the run around. Use app live chat, then it tells you to use app when you already are. I know if I go into a store, they will say they won’t be able to resolve my issue, will need to phone. Have tried to phone but then says to use the app. Absolutely pathetic 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Purpleheartbel,

Thanks for your message, apologies for any issues getting in touch with us.

To get in touch with customer support, please open the My Telstra App, sign in, and

head to Get Help. Click on the blue message icon, the assistant will have a few suggestions

before a team member is notified further assistance is required. https://tel.st/2jkfr

We then respond to every message sent, in order of urgency.

There is also an option in the My Telstra App to dispute a charge or request a credit,

this can also be done on our website: https://tel.st/mr2wd

If you have had any issues using the App, please ensure it has been updated from the 24x7 App to the My Telstra

App to utilise the new message function.

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I am having exactly the same problem ... but in this instance I am being told I do not have authority to add a message to this forum.  I keep getting told to download the app.  Telstra needs to understand that not all people want to use 'an app' and that every app added to a device reduces the functionality of the device.  In addition one cannot even sign up to this 'forum' until one chooses a name and an "avatar".  Please Telstra ... stop trying to control everyone and being so ridiculous.  So ... I want to know how I can contact Telstra without the call being cut off, having a useless AI bot provide meaningless questions and answers and having to use an 'App'.

Highlighted

Yes same problem cannot contact them by phone evreytime I try to contact them with there messenger it comes up and tells me they are closed for the day and thats on there 24/7.I need my email fixed for my busineess.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hello Aaron

Having received a verified email from Telstra stating my direct debit is inactive, I contacted Telstra on two occasions using the app chat/message service only to receive contradictory information. Furthermore, on the second occasion I was told I’d receive a phone call (person’s name provided) within 2-4 days in an effort to resolve this problem, a problem I did not create. I have still not received this call, now 6 days overdue. This entire Telstra interaction has been appalling. It concerns paying the account, that using direct debit has never been late. 

There must be someone with the ability to resolve this issue yet currently, via the process available to Telstra customers, I’m yet to interact with such a person. 

Are you able to offer any direct Telstra contact phone numbers or email addresses to discuss and resolve this issue or is ‘Plan B‘ simply to lodge a complaint with the TIO. 

Your assistance would be appreciated. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit