Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Customer Service Strikes again

Has anyone else received  the message below or similar from Telstra? Is this blackmail or simply bulldozing and restriction of trade? We have not requested an NBN service through Telstra. We have not agreed on any Plan (Data or charges) - not even seen the options; we have NOT received a Modem or "Self instal Kit" But apparently if we do not set this up within 7 days, we will lose our current Broadband service. Nice One Telstra.

Already one missed appointment where the Telstra "techie" was to "set up the NBN" "In Readiness" for our home. Now this. You don't have to be home..... but wait...if you cannot be home, call us.... WTF is this all about Telstra????? Time for the "NBN" Minister and multitude of highly paid bureaucrats staff to sort this out.

It took us 12 months and many arguments to simply get ADSL2 connected (and home phone) after idiots at Telstra (or more correctly - offshore with their desktop searches.......saying we did not have a "copper line" (we DID). And now that that is finally sorted, we get this crap from Telstra.

Just a little bit of decent customer service .................. "here are the options; would you like to proceed?" No, not with this mob. Thanks for your email Fiona Hayes, if you actually exist.

Emailed message:

Hi PETER,

Your appointment with an nbnTM technician is scheduled for 28 April between 07:00 and 14:00.
You will not need to be home for this appointment.
The nbn technician will need to complete some wiring out in the street which will move your premises over to the nbn network. You may notice a short outage on your services while the nbn technician is completing the work.
Here is a link to our video about the nbn which you may find useful.
Your hardware delivery
Your self-install kit should have been delivered. If you have not yet received it, please contact us as soon as possible as this will impact your nbn connection.
Once the nbn co work is complete, you will be able to connect your Telstra Gateway modem. You’ll need to do this within 7 days after your appointment to avoid any disruption to your service.
To help you get connected, we have provided links to our video tutorials.
• If you’ve received a new Telstra Gateway modem
• If you are already using a Telstra Gateway modem
If you will not be available for the appointment, please let us know as soon as possible, so that we can reschedule. You can reach us on 1800 834 273 and follow the Check Order prompt. We’re available from 7am to 9pm AEST.
Please remember to quote your order number 1-1097651776303.

Best regards,
Fiona Hayes
Head of Customer Service and Contact Centres

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

Re: Telstra Customer Service Strikes again

More on telstra expertise,

I wanted to change to NBN and keep my current bundle, ($80.00 200GB plus 13 and mobile numer calls) Seemed simple enough to me, click click done thank you very much.

OH NO, sorry that cannot be done, you have to sign you for another 24 months and it will cost you an extra $10.00 a month.

I was not overjoyed, I can probably handle the extra $10.00, but another 24 nmonths with telstra, thats the hard bit.

I cancelled the change and decided to stay on ADSL till my plan finishes in July 2017.

OK everything was settled with telstra, switch to NBN cancelled.

TIO Advised of the fail by telstra.

Couple of days went past and an email arrives thanking me for changing to a new 24month $90.00 plan.

What the! I did not have the time to play telstra's game and try to convince a foreign staff member that all is not good in the world for me.

Next day an invoice arrives, guess what the invoice is for over $100.00.

Again What the!!

Time to make a call, I talked to a foreign ataff member who asured me the invoice was wrong (I knew that) and the bill would be corrected and a text sent to confirm. (after I asked for a text)

My NBN order was in fact cancelled. ADSL still works so far. I live in great hope it stays that way for the next couple of months.

It has been many years and telstra still cannot get invoices right.

Retired telstra manager 40 years. Made redundant in 1997, things went downhill when I left. Ha Ha.

Telstra transmission manager, redundant in 1997 after 40 years.
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

@PeterW56, onthe upside, your existing plan stays as it is.

When did the NBN become available in your area?  If it was around 18 months ago, then the disconnect date is coming for ADSL services.

If you are still in contract and the disconnect date is coming up, then you are best off connecting to the NBN with Telstra (initially) for 2 reasons. The first being that you will keep getting Internet and Home Phone. The second being, you won't get hit with an ETC.

If you haven't received your new modem, then i would be calling the number in the message (you might want to call it anyway to get the situation clarified if you haven't requested an installation).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

NBN advised as available only in the past two months. Telstra is presuring that we MUST switch asap or we will lose the ADSL.

Once gain getting the heavy from the monopoly in Qld. Monopoly because THEY know the other Providers hve been compromised by Telstra - limited functionality; limited coverage - forced to keep coming back to Telstra. That is a monopoly.

Amazingly for Telstra, the ADSL is actually working!!!! and we would be happy to keep if we had a choice.

Highlighted

Oh and as expected.....from virtual "Fiona" sorry you cannot reply to this email.....very clever tactic Telstra. How many complainants just give up because no real person actually exists at Telstra.

Highlighted

Yes and here it is again, another "response" from "Fiona"...... Great customer service.

Hi,

Thanks for your email.

This mailbox isn't monitored anymore, so the message you just sent won't get to us.

If you need to get in touch please Contact Us

See you online soon.

Fiona Hayes
Head of Customer Service and Contact Centres

Highlighted

Further information reference to previous post,

Been in contact with telstra yet again, Bill for the $102 is incorrect, (I knew that) aparently it should have been for $90.00, Again thats wrong, should be for $80.00. Ring TIO again to update my complaint, waited for the inevitable call from team.telstra and sure enough I will be getting a once only refund of $30.00 to cover the expected incorrect accounts for the next three months. Checked into "my account"  bill shows $52.00 however the downloaded bill still says $102.00 . Another call to telstra, ignore the downoaded pdf account, just pay the $52.00 one.

Still on ADSL but being billed for another plan completely different to my original. I just wonder what will happen when my plan finishes in July. I may have to go on the higher $90.00 plan and then maybe I will finally get NBN. I seem to be already paying for it now.

I can't wait to see the next account which should be $80.00 plus calls. If it is correct I might just continue with telstra.

My alternative is the other telstra company (belong) also has similar plans with slightly better home phone deal coupled with a higher download plan that is $10.00 lower.

We live in strange times with strange people controllng strange financial systems for us frustrated customers.

Retired Telstra manager 1997.

Highlighted

Quick edit, Belong does not have a home phone service with their NBN plans, Back to the drawing board again again etc.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit