Marie-Jean
Level 1: Cadet

TELSTRA DEACTIVATED MY HOME INTERNET ACCOUNT - I NEED IT REACTIVATED IMMEDIATELY AND URGENTLY!!!

I live in Sydney and my parents live in Melbourne. I have had a home internet service with Telstra and decided to move my parents to Telstra for home internet, home phone and their 2 mobile phones and have their bills come to me so I can pay them. In connecting my parents home internet, what does Telstra do??? DISCONNECTED MY HOME INTERNET!!!

I made the effort to fly to Melbourne, go to a Telstra shop there so I am face to face with Chloe for the Telstra shop and advise her that I wanted my parents mobiles brought over and I wanted to connect their internet and home phone. She took copies of both of their drivers licenses and proceeded with the paperwork. AT NO POINT DID I SAY I WAS MOVING OR WANTED MY INTERNET IN SYDNEY DISCCONNECTED. I came home today and guess what?!?!? Telstra has "deactivated" my internet service. I spend over 4 hours trying to get through to the activations team but could not. Finally got through via chat using my mobile internet and guess what? The reactivation is now going to happen on the 13th of November! After several pleas and then anger, I get a call on my mobile to say that they cannot help me because Telstra - a communications company, is having problems with their communications systems!!!

In the meantime, I am now having to use my slow internet via my mobile phone and tomorrow I am meant to work from home because my little 1YO is sick! 

I want my service reactivated IMMEDIATELY and an apology won't hurt given the studpidy and inconveneice you have cuased me and my family!

If this service is not connected for me to be able to work from home tomorrow I will be going to ombudsman as I will loose $$$ for this and will expect full reimbursment of the funds I will loose. I would also like to be allowed to withdraw all my accounts from Telstra. Just to clarify, you will be loosing 2 x home phones, 2 x internet connections, 3 x XL mobile phone plans and 1 x BYP Phone plan, 3 x mobile phone for work, 2 x broadband connections for work, 4 x ipad plans.

Your services today have been absolutely disgusting. If I can make the effort to spen 2 hours doing this in a store with a person face-to-face and bring you 4 new connections, then I expect it done right!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Marie-Jean
Level 1: Cadet

Re: TELSTRA DEACTIVATED MY HOME INTERNET ACCOUNT - I NEED IT REACTIVATED IMMEDIATELY AND URGENTLY!!!

JUST A QUICK UPDATE FOR ANYONE FROM TELSTRA THAT ACTUALLY CARES ---

Last night I spent 6 hours in total trying to resolve the issue whilst my sick 1 year old was asleep. This morning, i have been on the phone (mobile as they disconnected my internet and home phone) for 1 hour and 34 minutes and counting. Still being passed around from person to person. 

Worst service EVER! This is what I get for referring people to Telstra. They stuff up your account and then do NOTHING to resolve it!

I wonder how Telstra will look in the media when I start sending out the information regarding their lack of support for working mothers given the Telstra Business Women's awards and their support for working mothers???

Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Re: TELSTRA DEACTIVATED MY HOME INTERNET ACCOUNT - I NEED IT REACTIVATED IMMEDIATELY AND URGENTLY!!!

Heya Marie-Jean,

I understand your plight, however posting on a public forum such as CrowdSupport is not going to get you the immediate and urgent support you require.

This is not a service channel and I suggest that if you would like a speedier response that you you contact us on either Facebook, or Twitter.

Better yet, I definitely recommend having a chat with one of our 24x7 Live Chat Consultants.

In the meantime, Telstra will not disconnect services for no given reason and I'm confident if this was done in error, we would have rectified immediately in the time spent discussing the issue with us over the phone.

Should you have no luck in trying to get this resolved, please send me a private message, I'm more than happy to assist further in getting you back online.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit