Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra failure to connect NBN

I signed up with Telstra on 25/9/13 for connection to the NBN. After a couple of changes of appointment, NBN completed their side of things and Telstra advised me that they would be coming to do the connection on 17/3/14. I had the day off work and needless to say, they did not turn up or phone me to advise me that they wouldn't be coming.

I phoned the 1800 TFIBRE as advised in previous communication and was told that there was a computer error and the technician hadn't been told about the appointment. I was then told that they would advise the IT section and it would take 6--8 days to fix the problem. An appointment apparently couldn't be made until the error was fixed. They said they would phone me back and keep me informed.

After not hearing anything I called Telstra again on 27/3/14 and after giving the operator the Ref. number for the last call, I was told that nothing had been done but don't worry, he would fix it up that day and escalate it to wherever you escalate things to. He assured me vehemently that it would be fixed and I would be hearing from Telstra in the next couple of days regarding a new appointment.

Well, we can guess what happened next, can't we? Nothing again. I phoned 2/4/14 early in the morning and after waiting the normal 10 minutes before being connected to someone, I was then put on hold for 5 minutes while the problem was checked out. Again I was told that nothing had happened despite the previous calls and I was back at square one and they would have to roll back something or other. Probably the carpet. The call was like a carbon copy of the other two calls. After getting extremely stressed and angry, I advised that unless something was done immediately I would take it to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman. I was then given the standard 'I apologise etc etc and I am so sorry etc etc' I was told that a supervisor would ring me today to sort it all out.

Guess what? Nothing again.  My partner and I have been Telstra customers for many years and I am finding this whole situation absolutely disgraceful.

If anyone else has gone through this sort of thing, does anyone have any suggestions of how to get onto someone at Telstra who actually cares and is capable of doing something other than lying to the customer and repeating the same garbage over and over?

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. I am now going to have a glass of wine to alleviate my stress.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: Telstra failure to connect NBN

Nothing new here.

Just look at my experience, and still trying.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/National-Broadband-Network-NBN/Why-the-cost-of-the-NBN-will-bl...

Christiaan
Highlighted

Makes my story look a little lame. I had no trouble with getting NBN to do their bit despite some minor delays however Telstra is appalling. I was on the chat line this morning for some time and the lady contact Telstra NBN and came back with the same story I had been given previously. My problem will be escalated, and I should receive a call within 5-7 business days. I have told them that I will give them 10 business days to arrange an appointment, or I will take the matter to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.

I fail to understand why, given that they admit the NBN side of things is OK and I just need an appointment with a technician, someone can't pick up a phone and call a technician direct. It's like comedy capers.

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That is not the experience that we are aiming to provide, when the call back was arranged for you did you receive a case number starting with SR 1-1? If so, please provide it so I can follow up.

Do not provide any other account details, this is a public forum so it is not recommended to share personal info.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I received a reference number only. INT 1-161257469714

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you - that reference number is for a note which has been left on the account by the chat consultant you were speaking with. You can lodge a formal complaint via the options outlined at http://www.telstra.com.au/help/contact-us/complaints/ for a case manager to be assigned to follow up further, and I hope the connection can be completed for you soon.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thanks Greg. I will wait and see if the problem is resolved following the online chat and if nothing eventuates, I will take up the matter elsewhere.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit