Maximouse1986
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Horrible scripted Answers and Poor customer Service

How many times will Telstra get away with constant lies broken promises. Working with Telstra and being one of "there" valuable staff members get treated worse than most and how do they get away with breaking ACCC laws and Just constant broken promises. 

How many times as customers we have to explain ourselves over and over again. 

My question is when is Telstra going to actually care about its customers multiple days without net and no one knows any technical training how can Telstra continue its service like this!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Horrible scripted Answers and Poor customer Service

It's "their" in this case. There is no such thing as ACCC laws (the ACCC has oversight of some laws but they do not enact them). Given the rest of the complaint in your post, you are probably referring to regulations that come under the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.

Now for the trying to help with your problem part:

What have you been told about your Internet Outage?

Are you on an NBN service or an copper service?

Was a technician booked to come out and not arrive?

Which model modem do you have and what colour are the lights on it?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Maximouse1986

No its a connection issue resulting in telstras poor BOH department. 

My address in a quick remote rural connect location both previous providers have had internet connected in less than a day and functional.

4 different days promised full connection. 3 different technician book out appoitments none we done,

15 days now

4 days without net as they have now only finally dc Optus after finding out from Optus no request where made and i organized myself! internet d/c in 30mins no dsl light. As Telstra was saying that this was the reason that they couldn't process there request yet Optus confirmed no requests were made. Now have dsl lights internet speed is down to 40mbs yet optus was 107mbs and dodo 98.00. 

They cant do anything and funny they have signed me up to fttn yet bot previous providers and nbn co have confirmed multiple times its fttb and even on my contracts both dodo and optus have fftb technology.

Yet I'm signed up to fttn with a way higher ping 25ms compare to 16ms from optus and dodo 14ms.

Requested multiple call backs and no calls and next they have had 3 constant errors with all my services

mobile,Tablet,NBN  spanning weeks of calls multiple visit to telstra and jb hifi and having telstra throwing it back to retailers.

Spent days and hours on chats to have all consultants more caring about making sure i have signed up to more accounts trying to buy more products.

Delivery of products randomly came out in 2 days tops so yes hardware and equipment was soted quickly but none of services to use on them where done or are broken and still pending its been a mess and a half!.

The net constantly drops out and reconnects via dsl light 3 different modems 2x gen 2 telstra and 

1 Nighthawk and same constant bad speeds bad pings and and bad connection. 

Multiple calls and requests for complaints and call backs yet not one has been logged for me to get call back?

And  For your knowledge im ex TELSTRA GIZMO technician. so I know what I am doing network side here and can confirm after even receiving a pds product sheet for not even the planed i set up with fixed wireless that the error is coming from Telstra. 

Jupiter

FTTB is Fibre to the Basement and is used in High Rise Apartments, not Rural locations, so it should be FTTN or FTTC.

Does your Telstra modem plug into a connection box or directly into a phone socket?

If the DSL connection keeps dropping in and out (not just trying to connect, actually dropping out), then that sounds like a faulty connection at the node and an NBN Technician would be required to get that fixed.

I remember Gizmo. The number of complaints we used to see here about that service provider here and on other forums around a decade ago were horrendous. I had to deal with them once and I would have sacked them on the spot, they were useless. Lodged a complaint and got the fee credited back to my account.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Maximouse1986

Sounds like a Telstra fan boy and Not every one was bad few bad lemons so one Mechanic Messes up in a company that automatically makes all other Mechanic useless? 

How many Complaints has Telstra had? Not long ago was in class action lawsuit on NBN?

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/telstra-optus-and-tpg-allegedly-misled-consumers-over-nbn-maxi... 

.https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/home-broadband/telstra-lies-again/td-p/543100 

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/telstra-faces-50-million-fine-for-exploiting-vulnerable-indigenous-custo...

https://www.gadgetguy.com.au/telstra-overpromises-and-underdelivers-on-nbn-speeds-acma/ 

Physically been sighted in premise I'm above shops in cbd so correct! but its still considered rural as we are away from major towns. Are saying I cant read a contract see with my own eyes? BAT physically says FTTB multiple Technology location! So you telling me never had a issue with other providers only was trying to stay loyal with constant great speeds and constant pings now 4 days later after disconnection nothing changed getting beyond low speeds on $110 plan?

Jupiter

Can we keep it simple as your description of what you have connected is not making a huge amount of sense.

What type of wall socket are you plugged into?

What device is plugged into the wall?

Do you have another device plugged into the device that is plugged into the wall? If so, what is it?

Actual model numbers of the device(s) would help immensely.

The reduced speeds could also be due to 2 reason other than a line fault. Telstra could have applied the wrong plan (50/20) to your service, or the service quality checks haven't been completed on your service yet and the 100/20 connection speeds haven't been enabled.

And definitely not a Telstra Fanboy. I ported my internet to another supplier when the NBN became available in my area and I ditched the NBN completely when a better system became available in my Regional Victoria location. I am just here to try and assist people with there problems (mainly due to my experience in trying to get my own issues sorted out many years ago).

jayonaise
Support Team
Support Team

What have you been told by the Tech team about what is happening next with the fault case?

Do you have the progress updates listed in the My Telstra app fault tracking tool?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit