AT236
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra incompetence

Could just one competent person  at Telstra stop wasting my time and do what they say they are going to do? I moved to nbn and Telstra didn’t send out my new modem then switched me over to nbn so that I had no service. I have literally spent hours on chat and on the phone talking to incompetent people who can barely understand English, leave me on hold and cannot work out why I do not wish to be billed for my old package in addition to my new package (because they are not based in Australia and know nothing about the nbn changeover). Utterly unbelievable incompetence. Am headed for the Ombudsman if I get a third bill that does not have the relevant credit adjustments and the old package cancelled - all of which has repeatedly been agreed (seems agreed actions don’t get auctioned at Telstra though). Last chance Telstra. If that doesn’t work,  I am dumping Telstra and moving my business elsewhere and will be bad mouthing them for all my remaining years to anyone asking for recommended telcos.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
StrayaM8
Level 11: Detective

Re: Telstra incompetence

If your still being billed for your ADSL bundle after being transitioned to NBN (and they both appear on your bill as separate items) your best bet is to give the Adelaide team a ring on 132200 and request for a disconnection. 

KieranB
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Telstra incompetence

Hi there.

This does seem like a pretty frustrating scenario, apologies if agreed resolutions have not been followed through on by our team. 

Have you called through to the team as suggested? Have you been able to get this sorted out or is this matter still ongoing? Do you have a reference number that relates to this matter at all? Ideally I would be looking for a number beginning with SR or INT, as I would be able to use these types of references to follow this up on your behalf.

-Kieran

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit