c4meronjb
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra is HOPELESS!!!!!! Terrible Service!!!!

I brought over multiple family accounts to Telstra. My experience has been:

1) Cable broadband initial connection was a fiasco.
2) Troubleshooting a problem today, 30 minutes to get to right department, then I was on hold for 100 minutes; to be returned to the top of the queue to start all over again.
3) They do not call back when they say they will
4) Premium price for woeful service
5) We pay extra for "platinum service". What a joke.

We are on the edge of the exchange and have no choice but to be with Telstra. Fast internet when it works, but if you have to 'communicate' with them, you are in for the most frustrating, time wasting, infuriating experience of your life!!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra is HOPELESS!!!!!! Terrible Service!!!!

Hey c4meronjb,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

Not the experience that we like to hear from our customers and I do sincerely apologise for the poor service that you have had over the phone recently Smiley Sad I do hope that the service issues have been addressed and you are up and running again with this service.

As you have mentioned you are subscribing to the Platinum Service with Telstra then they do have a direct number that can be used to get a assistance when it is needed. Further details for this team can be located at:

http://www.telstra.com.au/connectedhome/enhancements/platinum/#tab-hours

Their contact number is 137587 and this is available 24/7 for the remote assistance and business hours for other in home assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

frustrated102

Agreed. My experience has been just as frustrating. The new telstra mail even more hopeless. I cant reply or forward any of my emails and no one can help

frustrated102

Agreed. My experience has been just as frustrating. The new telstra mail even more hopeless. I cant reply or forward any of my emails and no one can help

Sybi

In total agreement. Telstra has really hit a new low. Platinum is no help. The "helpful video" for my ongoing bill enquiry played until the end then didn't work. I have been billed for the wrong bundle, I have been charged for a service I cancelled, I have "additional charges" which are not explained. I have a Telstra TV box arriving in the post  which I know nothing about and so the farce continues.  No one at the support centre is able to help because of the new system which seems to have rendered all employees without tools to help the long suffering telstra customers. Telstra knows they have dreadful problems and are letting their staff and customers take the brunt of it. Why can't they suspend all billing until the problem is rectified - at least that may earn some respect from their cutomers. It seems that the only priorities they have are getting new customers and selling us more problem making hardware which they can't manage.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit