yufylfvluguj
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Modem Gen

Hi All,  Hoping someone can help with a fix for the WD MyCloud devices not working with the Gen 2 Modems.  I know they didnt work with the Gen 1 modems but was hoping there was a fix with the Gen 2 modems.  IN the Gen 2 Modems settings you can not disable the firewall either.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Modem Gen

Have you tried port forwarding ports 9000 and 10080 and to your WD MyCloud devices?

yufylfvluguj

Hello yes i have, also checked dhcp settings and tried to network other devices through the modem to no avail. I have also done reset on both the modem and wd device.  It was a known issue with the Gen 1 Modems with no solution (as advised by telstra) Sadly you cant disable the firewall now on the modems, so i have had to rule that solution out also.  If there is no solution at least i have a Modem to sell Smiley Happy

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - are you saying when you unselect Enable Firewall and Save, it rejects the Save?

Mkrtich

Also, is the firmware status in the Gen 2 modems current  - DJA0231 18.1c 0585-MR7.1 RA

and LH:1000 0.13.01r.  In case you still have the DJA0230 18.1.c 0549-MR17.1 RB

yufylfvluguj

Hello, I could save my changes,  but it doesn't let you entirely turn off the firewall.  Adding exceptions doesn't work either.   I have had alot of friends with the same issue.   Sadly there isn't a work around that we have found. 

yufylfvluguj

Hello, yes upto date a well. Went into the firmware tab to make sure.  Sadly they are just straight forward modems,  good for everyday use around a small house.

Mkrtich

Hi - "tried to network other devices through the modem" - do you mean LAN-LAN connections on the same Network did not function,  Wi-Fi device to external Cloud then back through Firewall to NAS, remote access to modem's connected devices or WiFi device on Network can't locally access NAS or do you have multiple routers involved?

NAT Loopback was mean to be fixed in previous LH:1000 firmware but I have read posts where some users have had issues trying to connect their Wi-Fi devices to access their ethernet connected NAS Drives and not sure if IPv6 enabled on the drive was involved. One post could not use IPv6 Link Local Addressing. I don't recall reading postings regarding the Technicolor version having these issues, but unaware.

yufylfvluguj

Hey mkrtich, I tried lan to lan just to double check things.  It seems that if try to run anything through the modem that gives it a hint of networking it shuts it down.  Don't have multiple routers involved, have enough trouble with the one 😀 "Wi-Fi device to external Cloud then back through Firewall to NAS remote access to modem's connected devices" tried this and no luck sadly  "or WiFi device on Network can't locally access NAS" and when I tried this set-up as well it could not access NAS.  

I have also read similar call outs around the firmware not updating. Also call outs around ipv4 network issues (static/dhcp).  Might be a lost cause in my case. Appreciate the help though.  

Mkrtich

Surprised that LAN to LAN connections appear to being blocked by the Firewall - do all LAN ports exhibit this between each other or only connections to the WD Cloud unit.  Telstra's push Firmware updates eventually happen - it can be frustrating for some customers as there can be long delays in between releases. If severe issues occur, it is possible to ask Telstra to escalate through their Platinum support - they  can do a remote manual update. The only issue regarding Static IP on the LH:1000 that I am aware of is a limit of 10 addresses.

cf4

@Mkrtich 

The limit on the number of static address was increased to 64 in FW 0.11.11r

yufylfvluguj

Hey mkrtich, tried platinum team as well and they had trouble understanding why I would want to add an external Cloud device (or any device),  let alone use the modem for anything else but internet.  I gave up in the end after speaking to third consultant in that team.  I have let it go now,  but appreciate the help you guys have provided.  Time to move on, sell the modem and get one that works. Thanks again 😀

yufylfvluguj

Hey cf4, thanks for your help and call outs,  I'm dropping from this thread as there seems to be no solution, and not even technical support or platinum team we're able to help.   I received more help on this forum than all the agents put together.  Thankyou for trying and helping I doassociate it 😀

Mkrtich

Understood. All the best.

@cf4 - did not realise - thanks for the update. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit