DWSim
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra NBN dropouts

I have had the constant NBN dropout issues and have spent 4 months trying to solve them. When i received the second Modem from Telstra it worked ok for a while, but then drop outs resumed out every half hour  to 1 hour. I have spent endless hours on the phone to Telstra and via internet chat but they go through the same routine and tell you that nothing is wrong. Anyway this morning i changed the Telstra modem over to an Optus modem and THE OPTUS MODEM WORKS FINE. No dropouts for 3 hours. My account is obviously still with Telstra but using an Optus modem. Clearly the issue for me was the Telstra modem. I wonder when Telstra will realise this?

David 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra NBN dropouts

The Telstra modem recently had a firmware update that provided Protected Management Frames which enhanced the WiFi security. Some WiFi devices don't support PMF and can cause internet drop outs. Have you tried disabling PMF in the modem's advanced WiFi settings for both WiFi bands? 

DWSim
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra NBN dropouts

Thanks Supreme Being. Your recommended solution so far has worked. I will let it run for another day before closing out. You have provided the smartest advice I have received over the past few months. Thank you

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit