team555
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra NBN has been a nightmare

Ever since Telstra forced me to change to NBN because of an internal glitch, my internet has been horrible (we are talking about a year).

I have gone through ringer of trouble shooting and my internet will be good for a week at a time but always ends up back in the same packet loss type situation.

A couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to change back to cable with a different provider in an NBN zone without going thought the ombudsman on Telstra original stuff up?

2. Is it possible to check if Telstra NBN is just crap in my area (10 mins from Brisbane CBD)?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra NBN has been a nightmare

Hi @team555 That's not good to hear, though it seems there's a little confusion there about NBN.

Firstly I can advise that the NBN isn't Telstra, the NBN is owned by nbn Co, and switching fixed services to NBN is mandatory for all providers in NBN active areas. As such it's not possible to go back to cable with Telstra or any provider at that address, this means you'll be connected via NBN regardless of your chosen retail service provider. 

For technical difficulties within our support boundaries start here: https://tel.st/yh5a3 and if a fault is detected you'll be connected to tech support at the end. If we need to try some different settings or monitor the connection for you to see what's going on we can arrange that. Or if necessary we can escalate to the wholesale network provider to investigate further.

It's also worth remembering that not all tech issues you may experience are network specific. It may also be worth engaging an IT service like Telstra Platinum: https://tel.st/n6lgc who can provide assistance for a wider look at your overall set-up, and may be able to offer a fresh viewpoint.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit