Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra NBN Install - Going nowhere fast

We have been trying to get a Telstra NBN installation done since January 2016 and just seem to be stuck in an endless loop.

We've had orders cancelled, no-show from NBN and just seem to be being bounced between Telstra and NBN.

Our phone service is being cut-off next month - why is this taking so long?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 10: Junior Detective

Re: Telstra NBN Install - Going nowhere fast

Because the nbn and telstra are rolling, out of date technology and will have to be replaced when labor wins the next election. Had they rolled out labors plan it would have been world leading..
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Which flavour of NBN are you getting (FTTP, FTTN or FW)?

If you are getting FTTN, then the NBN tech will not usually need to come to your house as the modem plugs in the same way as an ADSL service.

Unfortunately, the NBN techs can be a no show if they get too busy or you are put in to the too hard basket because extra works need to be done to get you connected, and the rebooking system is clunky at best.

All I can suggest is to keep calling and chasing it up. Maybe put in a formal complaint as well.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

At least you still have phone service at the moment Smiley Happy  We were supposedly connected to the NBN on Monday but have since had no phone or internet service for 5 days and don't expect it will get fixed for at least another 5 days as they are sending me a new modem to see if that fixes the problem....

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit