Level 1: Cadet

Telstra, NBNCO Cancelling Technician Appointments

No NBN Fixed DSL Connection since the beginning of March 2020. Multiple calls to Telstra Level 1 support to go through the mandatory troubleshooting process. They finally sent a replacement Smart Modem, but still no DSL, and the LTE Backup is nobbled at dial-up speeds.

On two occasions, Telstra Support have booked on-site support appointments, and on both occasions, the appointments were cancelled via text message "Hi, nbn co have completed further testing and no longer need you to be at home on [appointment date] to fix your service issue. We will contact you shortly to discuss next steps."

And still no contact from Telstra or NBNCO.

According to the ONE conversation I've had with Telstra Level "1.5" Support, this is due to  a directive that no NBNCO technicians are to attend on-site appointments for incident resolution during COVID-19 restrictions.

Now that I'm working from home, and my kids have been remote learning (and will do so when Term 2 starts) I'm relying on hot-spotting from my Mobile's data plan, which is costing me a fortune, and Telstra have offered a paltry 10GB top-up.

What's the Service Guarantee supposed to look like for problem/fault resolution when Telstra throw up their hands and point the finger at NBNCO?

Anyone know how to escalate this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit