MrSunshine
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Wi-Fi Booster

Answered

Hi,

At home, I currently have a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2.  I am considering of adding a Telstra Smart Wi-Fi Booster and would like to use the yellow Ethernet socket on this to directly connect via a network cable to my computer tower.  Can I assume that my computer tower will then automatically pick up the home network and NBN?

Many thanks in anticipation for your help.  Take care, stay safe and have a great day.

Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Wi-Fi Booster

Yes you will have an internet connection via the NBN by connecting your computer to the ethernet cable on the Telstra Gen 2 Smart WiFi booster. The Ethernet port on the booster can be used for connecting non WiFi devices or for connecting the booster to the modem.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Accepted Solution

Yes you will have an internet connection via the NBN by connecting your computer to the ethernet cable on the Telstra Gen 2 Smart WiFi booster. The Ethernet port on the booster can be used for connecting non WiFi devices or for connecting the booster to the modem.

View solution in original post

MrSunshine
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you so very much for your very quick reply.  It would be great if your wording "...The Ethernet port on the booster can be used for connecting non WiFi devices...." can be added to the functionality and features of the product.

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

I don't thnk that Telstra media spin doctors worry too much about correct proper technical information and usage details for their products..  Smiley Frustrated

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
cf4

Telstra does mention in the specifications that "1 x auto sensing 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet WAN/LAN port" but it would be better if it was added to the features and functuality of the product.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit