JoshuaH91
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra support disgrace

I am absolutely appalled with Telstra support.

I recently signed up to Telstra nbn premium plan and it was activated within an hour. Bravo you managed to do your job, or it would seem.

Since then I have had numerous conversations it’s Telstra support where they are ensuring me that my connection date of 16th of feb and that this is because nbn has a backlog. Complete and utter bull**** nbn have nothing to do with provisioning, you send through a request and nbn automatically enables the Uni-d port, end user plugs in Gen 2 modem, pings to Telstra, Telstra detects modem and viola. It ain’t rocket science. 

The problem is I don’t give a s*** about your excuses and explanations of if and how I connect to your netowork . I am connected to Telstra I couldn’t give a s*** if your portal says Im not, what I care about is the fact that I can’t access my add ons because it is not showing as active. Tech support can see that I’m connected, they can ping my address, see this and put through the request for my activation to be confirmed as today but some dips*** in the connections division puts it on themselves to be all “oh but he doesn’t have his modem yet me the words on my screen say it’s not active so I’m going to move the date”.

I have my modem, I am connected to your network, your tech support have confirmed this, nbn does not activate my connection manually. Stop feeding be bulls*** and finalise my order already so I can access my add ons. I have spent literal hours talking to living breathing oxygen wasting Telstra support workers who have no idea what they are talking abou.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
JoshuaH91

Re: Telstra support disgrace

JoshuaH91

Same waste of oxygen.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

NBN do manually activate your connection and the appointment times come from NBN Co.

Telstra also has a part to play in it as they activate your Telstra account.

What colour is the light on the front of the modem? If it's blue, then you are running on the 4G backup, which means that Telstra has activated your account. If it's green, then it means that NBN Co has activated the connection (and just hasn't updated the system properly to reflect it, hence why you have received a notification about the changed appointment).

The Game Optimiser will not become available on your service until all the provisioning checks are finalised (which takes about a week to 10 days after the service is provisioned) and the order is completed. This process happens so that Telstra can say to the ACCC that all the agreed processes around ensuring that the customer is receiving what is in the plan conditions is in place.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit