Level 1: Cadet

Telstra support

Who else has had major problems contacting technical support about internet connections. I have lost my connection and it took over 3 phone calls off 45mins to finally get someone who couldn’t help me . I have a smart modems that should connect to mobile coverage which isn’t and they said someone would connect me within 1-2 hours . 5 hours later I am still waiting and have been on hold for over an hour.  Telstra do u call this good service?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra support

It may be there is a fault on your internet connection but the modem is still seeing a signal, which will mean that the mobile connection won't kick in.

Step 1

Factory reset the modem (sometimes it gets a rogue error that can only be cleared by a reset).

Step 2

Go to https://fix.telstra.com on your mobile and run through the troubleshooter and remote automated tests. This will also put you through to technical support if it can't solve the problem.

Step 3

If after the above steps fail. Unplug the DSL or WAN cable depending on your internet connection type. The modem should then switch to mobile backup within 6 minutes.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit