Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Technician never showed up

I was booked for a visit from a Telstra technician to install a new internet service. The technician didnt show up, and after speaking to support multiple times for hours they told me that i just need to wait while the resolve issues which they wouldnt explain or give me an ETA. I was then told i would be given an update on the delayed order today but still nothing. What can i do to get the technician over and the service started?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Telstra Technician never showed up

Out of curiosity what type of service are you getting and do you already have the modem for it?
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

Im only getting an ADSL connection installed and i already have the equipment here.
Highlighted

The tech may have just wired you up at the exchange. What happens when you connect your modem up to the phone line and plug in the power cable
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

Nothing at all.
I managed to get a new appointment this week to install my service.
If they dont show up I will probably just cancel the order as its taking too much of my time getting it sorted.
Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

In my experience, the technician not showing up is often due to your order not progressing through multiple departments to generate a confirmation for the technician to visit. I'd start an online chat with them or give them a call... they can usually confirm why the technician didn't show up (if they tell you the truth).
from a land DOWN UNDER

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit