Pablo77
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra velocity outage now in 5th week

Answered

this outage has gotta be some kind of prank gameshow. I keep waiting for the big reveal and  streamers to come down for a week. I’ve been with Telstra now for around a decade, super loyal, extremely patient, very non-confrontational plus too lazy to look around for an alternative. However the way ive been treated during this outage I’m desperate to leave Telstra forever. Of course I now know I can’t as velocity communities,  although fttp, are unable to get nbn.  So I’m trapped in this never ending cycle of phoning velocity, being told there is no outage in my area, being forced to go through the time consuming troubleshooting process, having the outage confirmed, given a small amount of 4g backup data(usually enough for a day or 2, being told I will be notified of any changes to my connection(of which I’ve only received texts with constantly changing fix dates further and further into the future) being told my 4g data will get topped up when depleted and of course being told my case will be escalated to the outages team as a priority 🤙 hunky dorry right. Then of course when the data runs out, no top up and I’m back on the phone to start the cycle over again.  It’s like ground hog day, the same thing over and over with no end in sight.

any suggesting as to what I should do?? Other than signing up for starlink I’m stumped. Is there a number for this mysterious outages team? The technician that rocked up unannounced last week said it’s a programming issue with my particular frame over east??  🤷‍:male_sign: Anywho, turns out building a house in a fttp velocity area was not my finest idea...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pablo77
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra velocity outage now in 5th week

lol now we are getting the phenomenal speed of 0.01mbps through 4g backup after getting 60gb added via another lengthy wierd phone call to velocity around 2hrs ago 😁😄😃😀😅🤣🤯😳

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Pablo77
Accepted Solution

lol now we are getting the phenomenal speed of 0.01mbps through 4g backup after getting 60gb added via another lengthy wierd phone call to velocity around 2hrs ago 😁😄😃😀😅🤣🤯😳

View solution in original post

tinfish
Level 1: Cadet

I have spent 8 hours or more to telstra about the same problem its a nightmare,i thought i was the only one

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - unfortunately Telstra appears to have lost interest in their monopolised Velocity service since NBN came upon us. They essentially mothballed it for many years hoping to offload it to avoid conversion and late last year finally sold it off to another company called Uniti Group who intend to upgrade the network to NBN speed package compliance. The new company has indicated that it will wholesale the new network to interested RSP retailers (including Telstra) giving Velocity customers the freedom to select their preferred service provider. At this point in time, services will be offered from July 2022 onwards in certain with a targeted completion date of March 2023. 

If you have a Telstra Technicolor DJA0230, DJA0231 or an Arcadyan LH:1000 as your existing modem and live close to a 4G cell tower, these modems can also be set up as a 4G LTE modem independent of a wired WAN service by programming them into 'Mobile Only' Mode with a Data SIM from any carrier; removal of existing SIM and change to associated new APN also required. There are Crowd Support posts on this setup and a very good video on on YouTube that shows you how to set it up.

Any of these modems can often be purchased in either new unused or hardly used condition on Gumtree for under $50. You may wish to keep your existing modem and Velocity service in the interim period prior to the network upgrade if you use your land line telephone number or just want to see how a 4G only data service works in your particular application.  

Pablo77

Your not alone, there’s many of us and our numbers will be growing. I think starlinks the best option for anyone in a velocity community. What a shamozle. Check Facebook if ur unfortunate enough to be on it or use someone else’s account like I did and search for Telstra velocity. 

Pablo77

Mate you just answered a lot of questions I’ve been asking a lot of people. Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I must be nowhere near a 4g tower but very grateful to know wtf is going on at last.  I hope you don’t mind me passing this on. There’s   A bunch of frustrated peeps that will Hoover this up and probs be cry wanking themselves to sleep tonight.  Cheers 🤙

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit