velvetchick
Level 2: Rookie

Terminating service

I have an ADSL service bundled with Foxtel. How do I cancel my ADSL? I can’t find a way of doing it oh the app. I don’t want to switch to NBN. I’ve changed to a different provider. I also want to keep my email address for a year

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Terminating service

You had better backup your emails ASAP, because the Telstra documentation states that they will only keep your emails for 30 days if you close your broadband account.

The Telstra document Our Customer Terms  - Bigpond Services section, states:

14 Termination and suspension
14.1 You may cancel your Telstra Mail at any time by contacting Telstra at “133933” or by logging into My Account and closing your mailbox.
14.2 We may cancel or suspend your Telstra Mail at any time if:
(a) your other services to which Telstra Mail relates are cancelled or suspended;
(b) you do not comply with these terms, or the terms of your other Telstra services to which Telstra Mail relates; or
c) we believe your account has been compromised, however we will notify you as soon as is practicable if this occurs; or
(d) otherwise, on 30 days’ written notice.

14.3 If your Telstra Mail service is cancelled:
(a) cancellation will become effective on the first day of the next month in billing cycle or on the day you close your mailbox via My Account; and
(b) we will store your data for 30 calendar days from the date of cancellation

(emphasis added)

velvetchick

I’ve actually spoken to Telstra about my email address and was told I could keep the email address for a year. 

@Dowser wrote:

You had better backup your emails ASAP, because the Telstra documentation states that they will only keep your emails for 30 days if you close your broadband account.

The Telstra document Our Customer Terms  - Bigpond Services section, states:

14 Termination and suspension
14.1 You may cancel your Telstra Mail at any time by contacting Telstra at “133933” or by logging into My Account and closing your mailbox.
14.2 We may cancel or suspend your Telstra Mail at any time if:
(a) your other services to which Telstra Mail relates are cancelled or suspended;
(b) you do not comply with these terms, or the terms of your other Telstra services to which Telstra Mail relates; or
c) we believe your account has been compromised, however we will notify you as soon as is practicable if this occurs; or
(d) otherwise, on 30 days’ written notice.

14.3 If your Telstra Mail service is cancelled:
(a) cancellation will become effective on the first day of the next month in billing cycle or on the day you close your mailbox via My Account; and
(b) we will store your data for 30 calendar days from the date of cancellation

(emphasis added)

velvetchick

I actually spoke to someone at Telstra about my email address a while ago and was told I could keep it for a year

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You should be able to keep your existing email accounts for 12 months after terminating your Telstra Home Broadband service. They will be automatically cancelled after that point in time (with no possibility of an extension or restoring them).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit