Tonym66
Level 1: Cadet

Testra NBN wifi wont load some sites

Hi, got NBN and the Telstra Smart Modem 

Computers on ethernet work perfectly

All wifi devices have issues loading some sites like for example the apple app store.. Ring doorbell wont load as it says there is no internet connection. Have rebooted everything and even got a new modem from telstra but doesnt fix it.

Calling telstra support is not an option due to long wait times.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Testra NBN wifi wont load some sites

Is the light on front of modem blue? If blue modem is in mobile backup mode and will only have an IPv6 address on its WAN port. Tbe PDP Type can be changed in modem's mobile setti g to enable modem to obtain a IPv4 address.

If modem is not in backup modem changing both IPv4 and IPv6 DNS in modem will bypass Telstra Broadband protect which might be causing problem. To change DNS log into modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra),  go to Advanced > Broadband, select a non Telstra DNS and save settings. Do for both IPv4 and IPv6. Disconnect and reconnect WiFi device.

Tonym66

Thanks

Green light is on

When i go to advanced it has a grid of boxes, when i click on broadband i get three tabs DSL link status, Ethernet Link Status and DSL Diagnostics - I cant see the option 

cf4

Sorry wrong location. Go to Advanced > Local Network. The image below shows settings for Arcadyan Modem, Technicolor modem will be similar.

Tonym66

that seems to work - thanks so much

Have a good xmas 

Telstra need you working for them

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit