mfmac
Level 2: Rookie

TG797n v3 dropping connection

Answered

Hi all,

I have a similar (but slightly different) issue with the 797.

I use it for internet and for home network management (file sharing & print for all the laptops /tablets at home)

In the last week , I have had two instances where none of the laptops can 'see' any other network user or print, BUT internet access has been fine for all users.

From my desktop (which connects to the 797 via USB), I can see all of the laptops on the network but cannot connect to them to file share etc.

Solution has been to restart the 797 - then all is fine !!

Don't want to continue in this mode - is this a similar / related issue to the one that Brodie seems to have the 'magic touch' for ??

Regards to all,

MIke

Moderation: This post has been moved to its own topic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Renee
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: TG797n v3 dropping connection every 20 mins

Heya mfmac,

The edit that was made was to ensure your posts had their own thread, ie. the topic is "TG797n v3 dropping connection".

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
mfmac

TG797n v3 dropping connection

Hi again,

Now I am starting to experience the same issues as previous posters here.

Internet dropping out randomly - rebooting the 797 does the trick - for a while - but obviously not a real solution.

What's the fix ??

Also, has anyone tried to check the service outages in their area on the 'NEW IMPROVED' outages page ???

HOPELESS !! Enter your postcode or suburb and the page just hangs. May be worth any Bigpond Techs checking in here to pass that 'upstairs' for a fix !!

Happy days !

Mike

mfmac

Re: TG797n v3 dropping connection

@mfmac wrote:

Hi again,

Now I am starting to experience the same issues as previous posters here.

Internet dropping out randomly - rebooting the 797 does the trick - for a while - but obviously not a real solution.

What's the fix ??

Also, has anyone tried to check the service outages in their area on the 'NEW IMPROVED' outages page ???

HOPELESS !! Enter your postcode or suburb and the page just hangs. May be worth any Bigpond Techs checking in here to pass that 'upstairs' for a fix !!

Happy days !

Mike

Great, thanks.... so where is this "own topic" thread so I check for any support / anwesrs ??

Renee
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: TG797n v3 dropping connection every 20 mins

Heya mfmac,

The edit that was made was to ensure your posts had their own thread, ie. the topic is "TG797n v3 dropping connection".

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

GMAN55
Level 1: Cadet

Yup have the same problem, every 20 mins or so goes offline have to reboot router and it's ok... for 20 mins

Any solutions yet as Telstra support had me on the phone for an hour the other night, said it was being escalated and nothing still, paying a lot of money for a product that doesn't deliver...
kb1948

take your modem back

i had same problem

modem frezzes up when browising

telstra tech report

cdn_96
Level 1: Cadet

dropping connection

Hi there, for the last few days ive had constant drop outs from every 2 minutes to having a stable connection for 3-4 hours then dropping ive never had this problem before is really quite frustrating . After countless rebooting and resetting putting account details in etc still no luck with a stable connection , even while writing this im getting drop outs . PLEASE HELP Smiley Happy

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi CDN_96

I can imagine how frustrating that would be for you. Please call our Technical Support team on 133933 or Live Chat http://tel.st/gq6m to discuss your internet concerns in more detail and investigate the cause of the drop-outs. 

Kind Regards Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit